Buyer Beware- Fraudulent Seller- tonyd1992 Please read!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cammy
    • Jan 2011

Buyer Beware- Fraudulent Seller- tonyd1992 Please read!!!!

I had a auction on ebay for an Alex Rodriguez game used bat three months ago. Tony Delgado(tonyd1992) won the auction and paid for the bat. 75 days later he filed a credit card dispute claiming the bat is fake. My paypal account had the funds withdrawn, so I am out $575. I never received an email, call, etc. from Tony regarding any issues with the bat. Now Tony has decided to list the bat on ebay:

Had he emailed me, I would have accepted the return. Now I lost $575 and he is selling the bat as being a legitimate game used bat. Cruel huh?!?!?!!?
  • tom1315
    • Mar 2008

Re: Buyer Beware- Fraudulent Seller- tonyd1992 Please read!!!!

What did eBay or PayPal say about the above? You can show them the trail of data and they can see the initial sale and payment...then the chargeback request and I would think you have recourse that he return the bat?

eBay or PayPal should help. I had a 2nd chance offer come in...all was legitimate...I followed all protocols via eBay...when the helmet did not arrive I dutifully sent an 'open dispute' to eBay...I had three emails to the seller trying to work things out...eBay followed their published guidelines and refunded my monies for I never received the merchandise.

I truly hope you get things worked out.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• yankees506
      • Apr 2010

Not that what hes doing is right but that auto and insc are questionable at best. That does not leave many conclusions for the bat itself.

Comment

• cammy
        • Jan 2011

If the buyer feels that the bat is fake, then he should have returned it. He should not take my money through a credit card chargeback and then list the bat as an authentic game used bat on ebay.

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2011

Scummy how he posted someone's email address in the Q&A section of his auction. Actually, I'm surprised ebay's software didn't block it.

Comment

• mdube16
            • Jun 2007

I would think you have some sort of recourse here. at a minimum you should be able to shut down his auction. i would contact Ebay

Comment

• cammy
              • Jan 2011

I posted ebay and paypal multiple times....they informed me that it is "documented"....whatever that means. I am still out my money.

Comment

• marino13
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by cammy
                I posted ebay and paypal multiple times....they informed me that it is "documented"....whatever that means. I am still out my money.

This has MAIL FRAUD and Credit Card FRAUD written all over it. Not counting Ebay and Paypal FRAUD!

Comment

• EurekaDave
                  • Sep 2005

I see the bat listing has been ended early. Something's up.

Dave Silverbrand

Comment

• marino13
                    • Feb 2010

It was pulled due to ... too many GUU members complaint about it with eBay.

For any eBay item that has 10 or more complaints - eBay will end it.

Hope you get the infos and forward it to the proper channels - keep your fingers crossed and the money will be refunded!

Comment

Working...