PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware- Fraudulent Seller- tonyd1992 Please read!!!!

cammy
07-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I had a auction on ebay for an Alex Rodriguez game used bat three months ago. Tony Delgado(tonyd1992) won the auction and paid for the bat. 75 days later he filed a credit card dispute claiming the bat is fake. My paypal account had the funds withdrawn, so I am out $575. I never received an email, call, etc. from Tony regarding any issues with the bat. Now Tony has decided to list the bat on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110923333499

Had he emailed me, I would have accepted the return. Now I lost $575 and he is selling the bat as being a legitimate game used bat. Cruel huh?!?!?!!?

tom1315
07-27-2012, 09:58 AM
What did eBay or PayPal say about the above? You can show them the trail of data and they can see the initial sale and payment...then the chargeback request and I would think you have recourse that he return the bat?

eBay or PayPal should help. I had a 2nd chance offer come in...all was legitimate...I followed all protocols via eBay...when the helmet did not arrive I dutifully sent an 'open dispute' to eBay...I had three emails to the seller trying to work things out...eBay followed their published guidelines and refunded my monies for I never received the merchandise.

I truly hope you get things worked out.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

yankees506
07-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Not that what hes doing is right but that auto and insc are questionable at best. That does not leave many conclusions for the bat itself.

cammy
07-27-2012, 11:07 AM
If the buyer feels that the bat is fake, then he should have returned it. He should not take my money through a credit card chargeback and then list the bat as an authentic game used bat on ebay.

BrianK
07-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Scummy how he posted someone's email address in the Q&A section of his auction. Actually, I'm surprised ebay's software didn't block it.

mdube16
07-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I would think you have some sort of recourse here. at a minimum you should be able to shut down his auction. i would contact Ebay

cammy
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
I posted ebay and paypal multiple times....they informed me that it is "documented"....whatever that means. I am still out my money.

marino13
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I posted ebay and paypal multiple times....they informed me that it is "documented"....whatever that means. I am still out my money.

This has MAIL FRAUD and Credit Card FRAUD written all over it. Not counting Ebay and Paypal FRAUD!

EurekaDave
07-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I see the bat listing has been ended early. Something's up.

Dave Silverbrand

marino13
07-27-2012, 11:22 PM
It was pulled due to ... too many GUU members complaint about it with eBay.

For any eBay item that has 10 or more complaints - eBay will end it.

Hope you get the infos and forward it to the proper channels - keep your fingers crossed and the money will be refunded!