PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Logo on Yankees jerseys?

jake33
07-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I am not by any means a yankees game used expert. However, don't Yankees jerseys have zero manufacturer logos on them? If that is correct, you can fill in the blank on the obvious point on this auction/card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Topps-Unique-Alex-Rodriguez-MAJESTIC-LOGO-Auto-1-1-/400155299487?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5d2b1d4e9f

ironmanfan
07-30-2012, 12:17 PM
patch trading cards are unreliable & often tampered with

jake33
07-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes, that is their track record. But, i think the more this stuff gets exposed, the more it will draw attention to at some point remedy this.

ironmanfan
07-30-2012, 01:31 PM
the other issue is that the majority of card collectors (who these products are obviously aimed toward) aren't game used collectors and aren't aware of these nuances........

suave1477
07-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Just for the record and I am not saying it is in this case but there is the oddity when a player may use a out of the norm jersey.

Meaning for Example: When Angel Berrora joined the Yankees team, they were on the Road and didnt have a Blank Jersey for him. So they pulled a retail Jersey off the racks and prepped it for him. Hence he had the Majestic logo on the sleeve.

The problem with that is unless people read this forum or paid special attention to the games when he joined the team would know that the Majestic logo could very well be possible.

Which is what would cause such an oddity "patch" card.

This similar situation is possible could of happened to AROD. Who knows?

I personally just by rule of thumb of course wouldn't take a chance on a baseball card like that knowing what we know, but anything is possible!!

slats7
07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Bat boys and ball girls sport the logo on their jerseys, but not the players.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8822/jjl.png

jake33
07-30-2012, 04:54 PM
That is a GREAT point mentioned above. What are the collectors of game used cards not at all interested in game used as a regular hobby.

I once saw a Dexter JAckson topps autographed used super bowl football card go for $325. There are 250 in existance. I offered a dexter jackson game used bucs jersey to the same collector, with good provience for $300 and he thought I was nuts for asking that price.

pjbmd
07-30-2012, 09:57 PM
I've got a 2009 away jersey of fransisco cervelli purchased from steiner
I was quite disappointed to find a majestic logo on the sleeve
When I did a little research via MLB.com I found a style match to his first big league home run.
I can't imagine that he wore too many jerseys with majestic tagging that year
They do soe up with regularity on old timers day jerseys and special appearance jerseys
PJB