PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something on Strawberry going up in value???

suave1477
07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes I know the rule of thumb of what ever your willing ti pay is what the item is worth but I always love to point out the items that even to the craziest collector of a particular person or tem. That the price are juuuuuuuuuuuust a tad bit too high.

Now as the (GHOST) resident Strawberry collector here I always keep my eye out for game used items. So I took a look on ebay today and noticed a few interesting things of his listed. The funny part is they are all marked up lets say about 300% of what there normal value should be. Did I miss something in the passed few months?:eek:

You may say what item, I say take a look at any item on ebay!!

Darryl Strawberry Jersey $2500 - on any normal given day this could be anywhere between maybe $500 to $1000
Darryl Strawberry Home Run ball $3000 - on any normal day $500 to $1000
Darryl Strawberry Game used bat by Jim Leyritz $600 - on any normal given day $100

Did I miss something?

rufusandherschel
07-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes I know the rule of thumb of what ever your willing ti pay is what the item is worth but I always love to point out the items that even to the craziest collector of a particular person or tem. That the price are juuuuuuuuuuuust a tad bit too high.

Now as the (GHOST) resident Strawberry collector here I always keep my eye out for game used items. So I took a look on ebay today and noticed a few interesting things of his listed. The funny part is they are all marked up lets say about 300% of what there normal value should be. Did I miss something in the passed few months?:eek:

You may say what item, I say take a look at any item on ebay!!

Darryl Strawberry Jersey $2500 - on any normal given day this could be anywhere between maybe $500 to $1000
Darryl Strawberry Home Run ball $3000 - on any normal day $500 to $1000
Darryl Strawberry Game used bat by Jim Leyritz $600 - on any normal given day $100

Did I miss something?

Not if the seller is Zanebats :rolleyes:

kudu
07-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Did you see this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item232013fb0a&item=150862035722&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=Pk94cxe53KuiXcIGzODq4sVbiNA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

:eek:

As for the three items you listed above, I only found the home run ball and jersey on ebay. They both had "Best Offer" on both items, so if you are interested in them, send in an offer and see if they accept.

suave1477
07-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Did you see this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item232013fb0a&item=150862035722&nma=true&pt=US_Baseball&rt=nc&si=Pk94cxe53KuiXcIGzODq4sVbiNA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

:eek:

As for the three items you listed above, I only found the home run ball and jersey on ebay. They both had "Best Offer" on both items, so if you are interested in them, send in an offer and see if they accept.

That is absolutely absurd!!:eek::eek:

Does this mean since I own one of his bats its worth according to the price of the bottom of a knob say about $30k???:D

The funny part is the knob is from his Mets days and they added it to a Yankees pictured Baseball card:rolleyes:

Jags Fan Dan
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
What you missed is it is now absolutely free to list 50 items on eBay, you are only charged if they sell. Sellers are no longer motivated to sell at all costs. As a seller, you can do a whole lotta fishing for no outlay of cash.

trsent
08-01-2012, 02:37 AM
What you missed is it is now absolutely free to list 50 items on eBay, you are only charged if they sell. Sellers are no longer motivated to sell at all costs. As a seller, you can do a whole lotta fishing for no outlay of cash.

This applies to sellers without stores - Store owners have to pay for all listings.

What is missed in this thread is:

1. You can overprice anything you want on eBay. I see overpriced items I'm looking for all the time. I just move on. Too much time is wasted when someone is a dreamer.

2. A trading card numbered one of one often has a premium above what the memorabilia item is worth intact because the card collectors live in a fantasy world. It is not most people's niche on here, but too often I read complaints about it on here. I 100% guarantee you if you offered the Strawberry bat used for that card to the guy who paid silly money for it, for say, $250 - They would pass. They only care about the card being a limited edition.