PDA

View Full Version : Jordan 84 rookie "game used" jersey in AMI?

nickacs
08-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Anyone else see this offered Jordan rookie "game used" jersey in AMI's current auction?

I've never seen an extra length tag on a real Jordan rookie jersey. Furthermore, that Bulls team "LOA" looks so generic its laughable. IMO this jersey is just an authentic jersey at best and have seen these exact same jerseys offered on EBay lately. If anyone just searches the completed auctions you'll find about 3 or so just within the last month!

I would stay far away from this one if anyone thinks this is a true "game worn" Jordan rookie. Just look at the GFC and 2 sold at REA in recent years. The one in AMI should be at like $40k by now! LOL

swainer
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Can you post a link to the auction please?

Thanks!

Peace,

John

nickacs
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Can you post a link to the auction please?

It looks as though the jersey has been taken off their current auction block? When you search on AMI's site under 'Open' auctions, any keyboard won't bring it up. However, if you receive their weekly auction emails, you'll see they still list it and if you click on the link it brings it up as $0 bid and you can't bid.

So, hopefully someone saw my post or one of the AMI reps emailed me before it went up for auction and I told them my same thoughts as I stated on here. I was surprised it went in their auction and it was at around $3600 before the link went away.

Again, you can see on Ebay under open/completed listings about 4 or so of these same exact Jordan rookie jerseys and there is NO WAY any are game worn, if advertised as such like the one in AMI auction was.

You can still see it here via their email link here:
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=74060

sox83cubs84
08-09-2012, 03:53 PM
From what I recall, MJ didn't start using 4" of extra length until 1997-98, when Nike took over the right to make Bulls NBA gamers.

Dave Miedema

MSpecht
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
It's hard to sneak anything past The 100 % Authentic Team.