PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a vintage Giants or Seals cap

Rob L
08-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey all,

I got a cool email from a guy who found me from my website. He didn't know where to go and asked if I could help. His son is turning 21 and is a huge Giants fan. He was hoping to find a vintage Giants/Seals hat (big name not required).

I gave him Walt Linders email and told him I would check with you all to see if anyone could help.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Take care,

Rob L
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Nothing out there?

Insomniac186
08-13-2012, 10:15 AM
The safest bets are eBay and auction sites like Mears. They're both a crapshoot but I've seen plenty of vintage Giants caps over the years. As for the Seals, an original cap from those days would be almost impossible to find, same for a Giants cap if it's from before the late 60s. It wasn't until the late 60s or early 70s (I believe) that the general public could purchase on-field baseball caps.

mlbforeverhomer
08-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey all,

I got a cool email from a guy who found me from my website. He didn't know where to go and asked if I could help. His son is turning 21 and is a huge Giants fan. He was hoping to find a vintage Giants/Seals hat (big name not required).

I gave him Walt Linders email and told him I would check with you all to see if anyone could help.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Take care,

http://www.mickeysplace.com/fitted-baseball-hats-cooperstown-collection-c-3_6.html

I hope this helps!!!