Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abstractheory
    • Apr 2010

Show me your Denver Broncos game used stuff

Sorry if I missed it, but I couldn't find an exclusive Broncos' thread for game used stuff. If there is one, my apologies. Although I'm pretty much a noob here, I've seen some amazing Broncos' stuff and would love to see more. I will start it out with a pic of my own.

Home game used Dawkins' uni from 2010 vs. the Chiefs.
    Attached Files
  • tom1315
    • Mar 2008

Re: Show me your Denver Broncos game used stuff

Keith Burn's Super Bowl 32 game worn helmet and a jersey of his from the following season. The helmet shows outstanding use.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate
    Attached Files

Comment

• MiLe HigH
      • Dec 2008

I believe this to be a 1973 Tom Graham that was recycled for a preseason player Wallen later on. Looking at photos I think that '73 was the only year with the down slant in the 5. Multiple repairs with one under the nameplate that was changed.
      Attached Files

Comment

• abstractheory
        • Apr 2010

Tom - That Burns' helmet jersey combo is sweet!! I want it....BAD!!
        Love the Super Bowl back bumper decal. Brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

• abstractheory
          • Apr 2010

Mile High - I love the 70's screen printed jerseys. A forum member just hooked me up with an Odoms' 78er!

Comment

• EndzoneSports
            • Nov 2005

Here's a few shots of our (mine and Jake51's) Broncos' Ring of Fame collection that was recently displayed at the Denver Broncos Alumni Assn. golf tourney...

AF
            L-era

"Orange Crush" era

HOFers

Modern era

Best regards,
            Patrick W. Scoggin
            Endzone Sports Charities
            www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Comment

• hockeytigers
              • Feb 2009

Here are a few of mine...
              Attached Files

Comment

• abstractheory
                • Apr 2010

That's cool that you give the kickers some love, hockeytigers. Love the legacy uni and Elam jerseys are awesome! What year is the home one, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• abstractheory
                  • Apr 2010

Pat - You and Tom are truly the GODS of Broncos' game used stuff. This is Canton quality stuff and i'm just in complete awe of your guys collection. Please keep sharing!

Also, is that a real 1960 sock?? HOLY CRAP!!

Comment

• EndzoneSports
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by abstractheory
                    Pat - You and Tom are truly the GODS of Broncos' game used stuff. This is Canton quality stuff and i'm just in complete awe of your guys collection. Please keep sharing!

Also, is that a real 1960 sock?? HOLY CRAP!!
                    Thanks for the kudos! With my interest in the "Orange Crush" era & ROF/HOF players and Tom's interest in the AFL-era stuff, our combined collections do make for a pretty comprehensive historical display. My hope is to one day be able to put some of this stuff on permanent display at either the Broncos' headquarters or stadium. But that's a project that's down the road aways.

Yup... real 1960-'61 era sock. Long story as to how I came about this, but am 100% sure of its' authenticity based on our research and interviews with the parties involved. At this point, I know of only 3 of them: Ours, one at the HOF and one at the Broncos HQ (though I've heard rumors of a couple being tucked back in a drawer of one or two of the 1960s alums, I cannot confirm this). Here's a slightly better view...

Patrick W. Scoggin
                    Endzone Sports Charities

Comment

• abstractheory
                      • Apr 2010

Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt

Comment

• EndzoneSports
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by abstractheory
                        Patrick - Wow!…Just wow!

I was under the impression that none had survived the bonfire, except, of course, the one in the HOF. I always thought that there was always the possibility that some players would have kept them, but then again, who in their right mind would have thought that they would be so historical and thought that far ahead? I actually asked Goose Gonsoulin if he kept his socks. He told me “Unfortunately, no.” Maybe he really does have a pair tucked away somewhere ; )

Anyway, is there going to be any other upcoming displays or shows soon. Sounds stupid, but I would LOVE to get my picture next to this holy grail of Broncos’ memorabilia. Good luck in your efforts to have a permanent display. You have my support, for sure!!

Matt
                        Matt:

Though I can't confirm, I've heard that at least one of the early players has one or two tucked back in a drawer at his home. There may be a couple more that have either been held and/or made their way into private collections, but I can't be sure. Doubt that Goose has one, as he was pretty thrilled to see ours when we saw him this past June (Tom took a photo of he and I posing with our sock... see http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4266217296810&set=t.1327374271&type =3&theater).

As to ours, it was obtained from a retired media guy who was a beat writer covering one of the AFL teams back at its inception. He received it as a gift/bribe from then head coach Jack Faulkner. Aside from his coaching duties, Jack was a PR man extraordinaire! Rumor has it, that he had the foresight to tuck a few of these back before the infamous bonfire. After this, whenever he needed a favor/some positive press from the media, he would pull one of these out and present is stating, "I've got just one of these left..." This is how our source came about this one. In a 1999 telephone interview with Jack, we inquired about this practice; he just laughed somewhat sheepishly and then changed the subject without admitting or denying that he engaged in such practices.

As far as displays go, we (Tom & I) typically set this up in its entirely only once a year. We did so at the Broncos' Fan Fairs in 2007 & 2008 (scheduling conflicts precluded our participation in 2009). In 2010 we hooked up with the Broncos Alumni Assn. (DBAA) and did some limited displays as part of their Alumni Tailgate parties; during the past two years we've displayed at the DBAA Charity Golf Tournament event and plan to do so again next summer as well.

I also communicated with "Sacco" from the Broncos yesterday. He stated that the Broncos do not have any plans at present to establish any sort of a museum display, but may consider doing so in the future.
                        Patrick W. Scoggin
                        Endzone Sports Charities

Comment

• beaglegypsy003
                          • Mar 2010

Here are a couple of my Broncos jerseys:

Maa Tanuvasa game-issued
                          Maa Tanuvasa 1999
                          Jason Elam (worn when he kicked his 300th career field goal)
                          Ashley Lelie practice

Click image for larger version

Name:	TanuvasaOC1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	685138

Name:	TanuvasaOC2.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	685139

Name:	Tanuvasa1.jpg
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	685140

Name:	Tanuvasa2.jpg
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	685141

Name:	Elam1.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	685142

Name:	Elam2.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	685143

Name:	LelieP1.jpg
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	685144

Name:	LelieP2.jpg
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	685145

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                            • Nov 2007

Al Wilson.....purchased from the NFL.....HAMMERED with use!
                            Attached Files
                            ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                              • Nov 2007

Does anyone else here have an Al Wilson gamer????
                              ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

Working...