PDA

View Full Version : Neat item

yanks12025
08-09-2012, 04:20 AM
I was bidding on this base the other day. Never seen this before, specially with Steiner. A base used for three different games, really two because the first one was rained shortened and went to the next day.

Session Name: 2011 ALDS TIGERS @ YANKEES GAME 1
Session Date: September 30, 2011
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 1 BASE BOTTOM 2ND INNING

Session Name: 2011 ALDS TIGERS @ YANKEES GAME 2
Session Date: October 01, 2011
Autographer:
Additional Information: 1ST BASE, 3RD-5TH INNING

Session Name: 2011 ALDS TIGERS @ YANKEES GAME 5
Session Date: October 06, 2011
Autographer:
Additional Information: 1ST BASE, 6TH-TOP 8TH INNING

coxfan
08-09-2012, 07:33 AM
I always benefit from seeing this kind of information, because it shows how authentication methods are changing constantly ( hopefully in a better, more detailed direction.) Were the authentication stickers placed after each use? If so, the earlier ones should show some evidence ( eg dirt) of having been on the base already when it was used during the next game.

If I understood you correctly, the first two dates were for one suspended game. This shows a potentially confusing practice I've seen elsewhere; if a game is suspended or postponed entirely until the next day, the authentication entry may give the original date, or the second date; or in this case, both dates unclearly.

I saw this done for another playoff game last year ( I think it was from the ALCS), where a game was postponed. The first note in the authentication number sequence for that game said it would use the original scheduled date for the dugout lineup card, because that was the date printed on it, though the game was played the next day. But then all other items from that game also used the original scheduled date, not the actual played date, which might confuse a future owner.