PDA

View Full Version : Fair market value question: Griffey Jr. bat

MarinersFan34
08-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Anyone have an idea of what a market value might be for a 1997 Rawlings Griffey Jr. bat?

It is an official issued bat from 1997 that was used by another player but it does have a Griffey auto that has been PSA/DNA certified. Obviously it would have more value if it was just issued and not used by someone other than him but it should have some value still.. perhaps?

Thanks! :cool:

joelsabi
08-11-2012, 02:44 AM
why would griffey sign the bat if it was used by another player and is there any markings that you can tell it was used by another player?

BULBUS
08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
I have a Tino Martinez bat with use characteristics of Wade Boggs and a 12 on the knob and the bat is signed by Tino.

3arod13
08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
I think the player is only signing the bat, because it is one of their bats (whether used by them or none). Not signing it, saying that they used it.

3arod13
08-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I think the player is only signing the bat, because it is one of their bats (whether used by them or none). Not signing it, saying that they used it.

"(whether used by them or not)"

joelsabi
08-11-2012, 11:22 AM
only reason i posted was this comment i recalled from a previous post.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=38174&postcount=22

getting back to the question, its probably worth something if it was prepared with his crisscross taping. griffeys autograph alone on his own ordered item is worth something of course to the right buyer.

MarinersFan34
08-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Yea, the bat is a Griffey Jr. Rawlings bats with his name on the barrell and the batch codes on the knob. It is not signed as "game used", just signed. The knob has had a number 5 or 6 and some writing on it but both were covered up with pen.

There's a noticable amount of pine tar and the handle is bare of any tape or tape residue but certainly used. I don't feel it was used by Griffey or at least long enough that we'd see any remnants of his characteristics left on the bat. the bat isn't marketed as a Griffey gamer, simply Griffey issued and signed but used by another player.

I know it's not a real desirable item since it's not used by him but I can't imagine that there were too many Rawlings ordered for him. However if you were looking for this model of bat, do you think 100-150? too much?

Bulbus - I'm guessing you paid a different (lesser) amount than a normal Tino gamer?

Granted in this case the other player is more than likely a scrub, not a HOF'er like Boggs.