PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authenticator error(s) ....

marino13
08-17-2012, 10:57 PM
... how would you get this fix?

Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.

Session Product Description:
Session Name: NYY AT DET
Session Date: August 08, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER - ROBINSON CANO, PITCHER - PHILLIP COKE, TOP OF 8, RBI SINGLE TO CENTER FIELD

Here are the exact sequences for TOP OF THE 8th

New York - Top of 8th

Phil Coke pitching for Detroit
A Dirks in left field.
A Avila catching.
P Coke relieved D Downs.
D Jeter grounded out to shortstop.
N Swisher singled to center.
R Cano singled to center, N Swisher to second.

M Teixeira singled to left, N Swisher scored, R Cano to third, M Teixeira to second advancing on throw.

E Chavez grounded out to second, R Cano scored, M Teixeira to third.
C Granderson struck out swinging.

And here are the sequences for TOP of the 9th:

New York - Top of 9th

Brayan Villarreal pitching for Detroit
B Villarreal relieved P Coke.
R Martin struck out swinging.
I Suzuki grounded out to shortstop.
J Nix singled to right.
D Jeter singled to right, J Nix to third.
J Nix scored, D Jeter to second on balk by B Villarreal.
N Swisher walked.
R Cano singled to left, D Jeter scored, N Swisher to second.
M Teixeira flied out to left.

Here are my take on the mistakes before I email MLB and hoping for correction:

1. Cano single in the TOP 8th (no RBI) - this is NOT the best one but hey, I will take a CANO's hit baseball.

2. Teixeira single RBI in the TOP 8th - this is a better scenario for me since I dont have a Teixeira's hit baseball in my collection.

3. Cano single RBI in the TOP of the 9th - this would be the best scenario :D

Which one would you think it will be corrected to?

jetersbatboy
08-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I think number one is the most likely scenario. I can't see two because its a different batter then the one originally listed. And number 3 is a different pitcher and inning altogether.

coxfan
08-18-2012, 07:11 AM
If you give the MLB authentication sticker number, then check the sequence of numbers following it, that may give you a clue as to which ball it was. The sequence of numbers is usually chronological throughout a game, (though there are occasional exceptions). For example, if there are other numbers following it from later in the 8th or early 9th, it's more likely to have been an 8th-inning ball.

moo5100@yahoo.com
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I tried emailing them to fix something about a month ago and got an error message back saying there inbox is full...

r_phelps
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM
I have numbers that do not work and i have emailed them only to recieve a message saying their inbox was full or not working.

swainer
08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I got the same error message when I emailed them about my Trout/Trumbo ball. I tried to tweet them on Twitter and they never responded.

Peace,

John

marino13
08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Same stupid error message.

I guess authenticators made so many errors that cause the inbox to be flooded.

Oh well, I will keep it as is and with the "bonus" RBI description.

coxfan
08-20-2012, 06:56 AM
marino13, did you check the number sequence as suggested? For example, if the hologram ends in "642" check the numbers from 643 up, and the numbers from 641 down (with the same prefixes, of course.) If "643" is an 8th-inning ball, it is most likely that 642 was not 9th-inning. Or if "641" is a 9th-inning ball, it is most likely that 642 is also 9th-inning. These numbers are almost always in the same sequence as occured in play; the higher numbers were used later in the game.

I always check the number sequence. It gives other info, such as helping to guess if the ball was used in the previous batter's plate appearance before being taken out of play.

marino13
08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow!

I never ever thought MLB database would fix this error, not to mention this quickly.

As we speak, it is corrected!

Session Name: NYY AT DET
Session Date: August 08, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER - ROBINSON CANO, PITCHER - PHILLIP COKE, TOP OF 8, SINGLE TO CENTER FIELD

PS. There is a different email contact to get error corrected. And I am sorry, I cant give it out since I dont want it to be flooded like the generic email address. :D