PDA

View Full Version : Two valuable reference books (one price for both) for flannel collectors, 70s knit collectors; will save you $

Number9
08-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Two important books for sale in one lot. If you collect flannels or even 70s knits, you NEED these books to help you avoid huge, expensive mistakes. Don't buy a Royals flannel and later find out the style was only worn in the minors. Don't see a cool jersey on ebay and spend days trying to figure out who wore it when you can use these books in minutes. Don't buy a flannel of your childhood hero and find out two years later that the Braves never wore this style. Don't buy a Brooks Robinson jersey that was actually a Floyd Robinson jersey.

Books are:
-- Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century, by Mark Okkenen: Hardcover, never had a dust jacket since I bought it long ago, very good condition with some minor wear to the cover edges. 272 pages full of info, drawings of year by year uniform styles for every team, great historical photos too. Info stops at 1991.
-- Baseball By The Numbers, by Stang and Harkness. Huge, thick, heavy book. Hardcover, like new condition. A whopping 1,125 pages of uniform numbers for every team, arranged in several ways. Ends in 1992. PLEASE NOTE: There appears to have been a printing error with these books, the last 20 pages or so, part of the Cardinals section, are upside down and backwards. I assume they are all this way. The info is all there though, its just odd. Again, this is the last 20 pages of 1,125 pages. Info stops after 1992 season.

I have seen the Numbers book offered for hundreds of dollars alone. I will sell both in one lot for $60 plus $15 shipping. Books are heavy so the $15 will cover Parcel Post only, so that is how they will be shipped, well packed via Parcel Post.

Please e-mail me directly at: historydogs@yahoo.com

Mike in Georgia
(photos to come, i need to resize them)

Number9
08-18-2012, 02:44 PM
photos1

Number9
08-18-2012, 02:45 PM
photos 2

Number9
08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
photos 3

Number9
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Last 20 or so pages of numbers book. Upside down and backwards (printing error). As I said these are 20 pages of 1,100.

Number9
08-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Books have sold. No longer available.
Thanks.