PDA

View Full Version : mike trout

momen55
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
over 12K for a mike trout jersey? really? what is it with people and modern players? am i missing something here?
personally, there isn't any current player who's items are worth that. it amazes me that people jump on the bandwagon when a player has a good season then all of a sudden he is a superstar and expect him items to draw big bucks because of one good season. come on people. be for real. when the guy gets established, and 10-15 years later is still playing well, then i can see value. but a rookie? for that kind of money i can get hof players items.

joelsabi
08-19-2012, 12:30 PM
kind of remind me of a prospect/rookie chasers for baseball cards. lots of hype where you are buying a built in cost based on potentiality. reminds me poor managed or heavy pocketed GMs too.

spartakid
08-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Honestly, people who have that much money to spend on a jersey probably don't care much about the future value of an item. I know I've purchased jerseys for more than I could ever resell them in the future. Though it hasn't ever been at that level price wise, I can understand paying a premium for a special item you want in your collection.

halofan
08-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Really? Where did his jersey sell for 12k I'm curious?

Rob L
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
eBay. It hasn't sold. I'm surprised Justin would attempt that price!