PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth - The Morons Must Be A Big Family

sammy
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Here is another Babe Ruth ball to be weary of.

As you can see, the PSA/DNA letter is so small as to be useless, but also note the photo of the item described in the letter has been covered / hidden.

All PSA/DNA full letters, which that one is, have the photo of the item printed on the letter. Notice the large white square where the photo is supposed to be.

The ball itself has a worthless Babe Ruth signature on it.

Try to get the PSA certification number from the seller, or a good scan of the letter. You won't get either.

Notice the seller will only accept a money order / cashiers check.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-Rare-Baseball-Signed-By-Babe-Ruth-Psa-Dna_W0QQitemZ8734589484QQcategoryZ27260QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sammy
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Once again, a thief has been foiled.

The auction has been ended by eBay. I think once PSA was notified, they made a phone call and saved someone a lot of money.

That makes 3 Ruth balls, a Ruth book, and a Mantle jersey in the past month that have been exposed on this forum and subsequently ended by eBay.

Good job once again.

cjmedina1
12-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Sammy

This is why this fourm is so good.People share info instead of paying for it.I had just wish this was done years ago.I would have saved a ton of money in not buying fake stuff.Keep up the good work:)