PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Red Sox jerseys & the '86 World Series

cruwet
08-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Haven't seen too much out there regarding the Red Sox jerseys worn in the classic 1986 World Series. Any info on if they had specific playoff/WS sets for that run, or about the number of sets worn during the regular season? Tough to tell on the surface with only the '86 year box w/no specific set tagging on the jerseys, but perhaps someone out there has some insight?

I'm excited to have this jersey coming my way, and would be thrilled if I could somehow link it to that memorable '86 World Series (especially that game 6!). It's a Spike Owen road gray #5. I know Owen was acquired late season (August) and is listed as wearing #12 before switching to #5 at some point. He is indeed wearing #5 during the World Series, so I figure at the very least, this is a late season jersey & hopefully carried into the playoffs. I'll have the '86 World Series complete games on DVD coming soon, and maybe I can somehow find a proverbial needle-in-the-haystack photomatch. No matter what, I think this is a cool jersey from a classic season regardless of if I can pinpoint it's timeframe.

Would love to hear anyone's input on this jersey, '86 Red Sox jerseys in general, or see some examples from any of the stellar collections out there.

Thanks!

dwight24
10-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry to be coming late to this party, but I just saw this post about '86 Sox jerseys. I have one that might be of interest...

A 1986 Bill Buckner jersey (home).

Attached are pics.