PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Alexander Michigan jersey on eBay

alexbartacustoms
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi guys-

What do you guys think of the Derrick Alexander Michigan jersey for sale on on eBay right now?

There's not enough information in the item description for me to risk buying.

Search:

Game Worn Derrick Alexander Michigan Football Jersey Vintage Rare

Jeffredsfan
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I just received some info from the seller. "She got the jersey from one of Derrick's old neighbors". "There are no tags on the jersey." "She would refund the money if a third party deems it not authentic, however, since there aren't any tags, a third party would have trouble authenticating it."

That pretty much sums it up! :D

alexbartacustoms
09-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow, that's a change from the reply I got from the seller:

no, all i have to go on is that he gave it to me, I have a browns football listed that he gave me as well. Sorry I don't have more proof.

- cherish204

2 different origin stories to 2 different forum members.
I'm unwatching that listing, and staying away!

Thanks for your help and input.

Alex

BrianK
09-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Jeff ... it would be interesting if you can ask a follow-up question. If there are no tags, how does she know it's made by Russell Athletic?

Jeffredsfan
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
The history of this jersey is that it was given to me by Derrick Alexander's old neighbor, there is no tag of any kind. The jersey shows light wear. I would refund money but jersey would be hard to authenticate so bid accordingly.

- cherish204

The e-mail sent to me from the seller.

BrianK
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks. The ebay description says it's made by Russell Athletic. Doesn't jive with the email that says it has no tags of any kind. Hmmmmmm.

helmets
09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Six bids in less than two minutes by the same bidder. Seems odd. Jersey still at the starting bid of $.99

Jeffredsfan
09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Six bids in less than two minutes by the same bidder. Seems odd. Jersey still at the starting bid of $.99

I had originally placed a bid on this jersey. The current high bidder placed 6 bids in order to top mine. After coming to the realization that this jersey has too many issues, I retracted my bid. I think that's why you are seeing the odd bidding totals.

Jeff

BrianK
12-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Hmmmmm. Here's another one (different seller). Or the same one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DERRICK-ALEXANDER-game-worn-Michigan-Wolverines-jersey-/281037860786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416f296fb2

alexbartacustoms
12-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I think this one is different than the last one that was listed.

I don't remember there being any Russell Athletic logos on the sleeves of the previous listing. I also seem to remember the other one being a longer cut.

I'm not college jersey expert, but this looks like a practice jersey to me.