PDA

View Full Version : Photomatching to a card, how do I get the actual photo?

gingi79
09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
A few years ago, my beautiful wife threw caution to the wind and bought me the jersey that inspired a desire to collect game worn jerseys way back in 1993. The shirt was worn by my all time favorite hockey player (who will be inducted into the HOF this November coincidentally) She bought it because it was a premier example of one of his jerseys, in that unlike every other one I have seen (save the one Barry owns) it shows actual wear including 3 sizable repairs and the topper: registration by MeiGray.

Through sheer dumb luck, I found an Upper Deck card from the following season that seems to show one of the repairs. Manipulating the image with contrast and lighting, it seems to line up perfectly. So here's the issue:

Does anyone know how to find out who the photographer and/or purchase an 8x10 of the photo from the card?

I contacted UD but they don't seem to want to reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PM me, reply here or email gingi79@aol.com

GameUsedGR61
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I doubt this will help but this site gives you a large zoomed in pic of most cards

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/

I was able to photomatch my Bernie Nicholls Devils jersey using that site

gingi79
09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I doubt this will help but this site gives you a large zoomed in pic of most cards

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/

I was able to photomatch my Bernie Nicholls Devils jersey using that site

54 pages of cards and the one I want wasn't for sale! The better news: I found a SECOND card that photomatches a different repair! Thanks a lot Gabe!

GameUsedGR61
09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
glad i can help... give it time and eventually someone will upload that card and have it for sale

David
09-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Do you have the card? If so, could could scan and print out a nice 8x10 yourself.

If you don't have the card, UD cards from then are inexpensive and you could obtain the entire set for cheap. You'll can it some time or later for little money.

Lastly, it's double neat to have a jersey match to a trading card, so the little card on its own is desirable to buyers.

David
09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
If you don't have the card, you could ask for an image on the psa card forum (go to psacard.com). Lots of modern card collectors there, and a generally friendly forum.