PDA

View Full Version : Reputable Autographs/Memorabilia for Outings

jhunt28
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I was hoping to get some suggestions of any reputable companies that provide Sports Memorabilia/Autographs for golf outings or charity dinners?

I know the autograph industry is flooded with forgeries, and was hoping to find a decent dealer who had deals on bulk orders, and also used authentic jerseys when getting autographs. I have seen multiple companies online who buy $30 jerseys from China, forge autographs and try and pass them off as "authentic".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marino13
09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I would just stick with steinersports.

Hope this help.

http://www.steinersports.com/charity-auctions.html

jhunt28
09-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestion...they are a bit pricey for the demographic I'm looking to have donate, but perhaps Steiner can provide some sort of relief in pricing.

David
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I won't comment on game used, but there are a number of highly reputable and respected autograph dealers. Jim Stinson at www.stinsonsports.com/ and Richard Simon www.richardsimonsports.com/ Both are highly respected authenticator and dealers, and were experts at PSA/DNA.

Huggins and Scott and Premier Auctions online are two good auction houses.

That's all I have for now as I have to go to work. Can add to the list later.

jhunt28
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks David...yes, I know a fair amount about "game used", and really wasn't looking for anything game used to auction off. Any game used items would cost way more than people would be willing to spend at this outing. I was looking for the standard signed jerseys to hang, baseballs, photos, golf flags, etc.

cliffjmp33
09-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I had a coworker go through BC Sports here outside Philly. I am not sure what they auctioned to be honest, but I know they offer the opportunity.And on a side note, I have purchased a couple signed pieces in the past with no qualms about authenticity.

Their site is www.bcsports.com.

suave1477
09-11-2012, 11:51 AM
I would highly suggest for autograph pieces as far as being real!!

Go to Mabcelebrity.com I have not look at there prices as of late but I know for a fact they do a ton of signings with players and have witnessed personally everything they sell has been signed in a back room by the actual athlete.

ironmanfan
09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Ironcladauthentics (Cal Ripken's Memorabilia company) has a program for what you seek....

http://www.ironcladauthentics.com/b/3377437011

Good Luck!

jhunt28
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you all...very very helpful and resourceful suggestions!

ivo610
09-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I like Radtke or legends of the field.

trsent
09-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I recommend anything certified by Upper Deck Authenticated and PSA/DNA - The leaders in autographs for both sides. You can find a lot of good deals on eBay if you are looking for items for a charity auction.

David
09-12-2012, 11:50 AM
scgaynor & scgaynor-2 ebay is good. He used to work for Lelands, is well known i the hobby (Scott Gaynor) is honest, etc.

Also keep an eye out on the major auctions-- Lelands, Legendary, REA, etc. They're apt to have group lots here and there, and the authenticity should be good.

David
09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
REA and Legendary's stuff should be pre-certified by PSA and/or JSA. Lelands authenticates their own stuff but is a well known name.

trsent
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
REA and Legendary's stuff should be pre-certified by PSA and/or JSA. Lelands authenticates their own stuff but is a well known name.

Pre-certified means you get a generic, often blanket letter for stuff. It means you have to pay for a full letter. It is a terrible system for the collector.

I don't understand, why don't auction houses pay for the full authentication and pass the fees to their consignor?