PDA

View Full Version : Tony, Hope You Enjoy This Game Used 2009 Bat - All the Best, Alex Rodriguez

3arod13
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Received this bat from Alex Rodriguez last week! It was in exchange for the 1996 Rawlings Bat. It's a pounded 2009 Louisville Slugger C271L Black Bat, 34/32 oz., dated 7/24/2009! Also received a picture of Arod holding the bat; and the same picture personalized from him to me (Tony, Hope you enjoy this game used 2009 bat. All the best, Alex Rodriguez." I've only been trying to photomatch it for a couple days now, but have found some pics from the world series, where you can see pine tar around the centerband. I watched Game 4 of the World Series (Thanks to Joel), and am waiting to watch Games 5 and 6, to see if I can possibly make a match. Bat would have been used early August to November 2009. $50 to anyone who can help photomatch the bat. There are plenty of things on this bat to easily match to a photo.

3arod13
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Couple more pics, but difficult to see details.

suave1477
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Tony that has to be one of the most coolest things I have seen for a player to do and of all players for it to be AROD. AROD has been known from time to time to not be the greatest towards fans and sometimes he is I guess its all a matter of what day you catch him on.

But the fact he took the time out to make sure he did the right thing by a fan and took pictures of himself with the bat to make sure you knew it was directly from him. Is simply crazy.

KUDOS TO AROD YOU JUST STEPPED UP A BIG NOTCH IN MY BELT!!:D

35th&Shields
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed! Very Classy gesture by ARod. Thats a bad ass looking bat too! CONGRATS!!!

3arod13
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Tony that has to be one of the most coolest things I have seen for a player to do and of all players for it to be AROD. AROD has been known from time to time to not be the greatest towards fans and sometimes he is I guess its all a matter of what day you catch him on.

But the fact he took the time out to make sure he did the right thing by a fan and took pictures of himself with the bat to make sure you knew it was directly from him. Is simply crazy.

Yes, it was a great experience. Arod was directly involved with this exchanged, and he personally wanted to ensure I received something really nice in exchange for the Rawlings. I knew I was getting a bat, but when I got the personalized photo, well let me just say I may have screamed like a girl...just a little :)

As a collector, but more importantly as a fan; to receive something directly from your favorite player, is a dream come true. This definately is my prize possession. The Grand Slam Bat is now second! :)

suave1477
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Tony just to add I know your trying to photomatch i to the World Series but you do realize when this bat was dated there was still 38 regular season games left and all together including playoffs.

So he may have used this one during a regular game or playoffs. I would check them all if I were you and then I would say
"Suave I photomatched the bat, what is your address because I want to ship it to you?" lmaooo:D

spartanservitto
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Did Alex want the bat back for himself?!?! Because that is awesome .... Great start and it looks to be a match on the
World series , obviously you need some more photos but the
Top seems to be dead on .... What a cool bat.

-Tony

3arod13
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Did Alex want the bat back for himself?!?! Because that is awesome .... Great start and it looks to be a match on the
World series , obviously you need some more photos but the
Top seems to be dead on .... What a cool bat.

-Tony

No! Once I was finally able to get word to Arod about the Rawlings bat, and he want nothing more than to make it right. The only stipulation that I had in making this transaction was if the Rawlings bat was to ever be sold, the entire true history about it had to be disclosed. It's the right thing to do.

joelsabi
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM

+1 This is not the first time I have heard and seen ARod go out of his way to please a genuine ARod fan. I am happy for Tony. He deserves it.

marino13
09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
+1 This is not the first time I have heard and seen ARod go out of his way to please a genuine ARod fan. I am happy for Tony. He deserves it.

I have seen Alex signed for a friend of mine - about 24 game used baseballs from his 600th HR chase.

I was barely to get ONE signed and was happy about it.

Two rawlings case of baseballs :eek: signed and personalized as Alex Emanuel Rodriguez.

maverick14
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Awesome bat Tony!!
I haven't been following the board much lately so I'm sure I missed it but what Rawlings bat are you talking about and what was the deal with it that he wanted it?
Congrats again.

3arod13
09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Awesome bat Tony!!
I haven't been following the board much lately so I'm sure I missed it but what Rawlings bat are you talking about and what was the deal with it that he wanted it?
Congrats again.

A while back, I bought what I believed to be was a 1996 Rawlings HR #15 game used bat. Documentation seemed solid, which came from Sports Collectors Digest (SCD), signed by Tory Kinnunen, Letter from Arod Authenticated, signed by Arod, PSA, etc. Of course, I had to dig deeper and wanted to photomatch, so I contacted the Mariners and Red Sox and obtained video o the actual game. Long story short, he used a Louisville Slugger and not a Rawlings bat. Of course I was pissed when I found out. Anyway, a couple years later, it's finally been resolved and I am more than satisified.

3arod13
09-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Tony just to add I know your trying to photomatch i to the World Series but you do realize when this bat was dated there was still 38 regular season games left and all together including playoffs.

So he may have used this one during a regular game or playoffs. I would check them all if I were you and then I would say
"Suave I photomatched the bat, what is your address because I want to ship it to you?" lmaooo:D

SUAVE, LMAO!! Yeah, Joel told me the same thing also. Of course, matching it to a World Series game would be icing on the cake. I was focussing on the World Series because of the few photos I game across, where I could see pine tar around the centerband. I checked Getty Images and Corbis, and found a few pics before the playoffs, but they weren't large enough to see. And for some reason, MLB.TV doesn't have archived games from 2009, which makes it a little rougher and limits my resources.

tigerdale
09-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Cool story & great bat Tony!!!

joecoco
09-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Just an awesome bat Tony! Probably the best Arod bat I have seen. I remember following your post a few years ago and empathizing with your frustrations; glad it worked out and then some. Could not have happened to a better guy. Best- Joe

gamer35
09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Tony, whats your email? I have a way to track down the 09 games on MLB.tv, I will send you the link.

3arod13
09-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Tony, whats your email? I have a way to track down the 09 games on MLB.tv, I will send you the link.

Arod13tb@yahoo.com

3arod13
09-13-2012, 06:23 PM

$50 if you help find a photomatch

3arod13
09-14-2012, 04:28 AM

Pat,

Thanks for the link! Able to watch all games from 2009. Appreciate it!!

sportscrazy13
09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow Tony! Great story man, glad Arod made it better. Totally jealous. I need one of those in my collection now. There's nothing like a hammered Arod bat. Especially from his WS winning year.

3arod13
09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Wow Tony! Great story man, glad Arod made it better. Totally jealous. I need one of those in my collection now. There's nothing like a hammered Arod bat. Especially from his WS winning year.

Your 2005 Arod gamer is a beauty also!

3arod13
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Your 2005 Arod gamer is a beauty also!

Really nice bat!

3arod13
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Really nice bat!

Really nice!

yankees506
09-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Great story and awesome to see a side of Alex people don't think is there, this is above and beyond what anyone would expect any athlete to do. What a sweet bat and gesture by arod. This is grand slam indeed, an abomb from arod!

3arod13
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
So far, I was able to photomatch this bat from 13 games between 17 Aug 09 to 20 Sep 09. Most significantly, I found Arod used this bat to hit career home run #575 on 23 Aug 09 off Josh Beckeet of the Boston Red Sox.

As you can see from the 17 Aug 09 picuture, this bat is easy to photomatch by this mark.