PDA

View Full Version : Value of 2009 Jeremy Affeldt Jersey?

Insomniac186
09-14-2012, 03:11 PM
I had a 2009 Jeremy Affeldt SF Giants road jersey (with "team issued" MLB auth) on eBay for a while. I am trying to save up for a new car and while I'm a bit reluctant to sell it, it would help if I did. I bought it at the Giants fan fest in February for $120, and I listed it on eBay for $125, not trying to be too greedy and basically breaking even if one person made a bid. The original Giants Clubhouse store price tag (which says the jersey IS game used) had it at $675!!! While I had many watchers both times it was listed, not one person bid. After the auction, someone messaged me and actually asked me to re-list it with a lower price!

I felt that $125 was more than reasonable and I expected it to sell the first time with maybe a few bids. Not to mention 2009 was a great year for Affeldt. I'm not desperate to sell it, so i think I will hold off for a while or maybe just keep it. Was I wrong to expect that much?

sox83cubs84
09-14-2012, 03:57 PM
I had a 2009 Jeremy Affeldt SF Giants road jersey (with "team issued" MLB auth) on eBay for a while. I am trying to save up for a new car and while I'm a bit reluctant to sell it, it would help if I did. I bought it at the Giants fan fest in February for $120, and I listed it on eBay for $125, not trying to be too greedy and basically breaking even if one person made a bid. The original Giants Clubhouse store price tag (which says the jersey IS game used) had it at $675!!! While I had many watchers both times it was listed, not one person bid. After the auction, someone messaged me and actually asked me to re-list it with a lower price!

I felt that $125 was more than reasonable and I expected it to sell the first time with maybe a few bids. Not to mention 2009 was a great year for Affeldt. I'm not desperate to sell it, so i think I will hold off for a while or maybe just keep it. Was I wrong to expect that much?

Given what I've seen 2000-11 Giants gamers go for on eBay in the past, I think your price was reasonable. I wouldn't take a lowball price just to dump it.

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Since eBay no longer charges to simply list an item, just keep it listed at the price you are looking for and as long as it's reasonable (which it appears to be), it will sell eventually.

Buster23!
09-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Why don't you put it on Ebay for .99 cents. It sounds crazy but alot of time it will start a bidding war. I put a Buster Posey gamer on Ebay for $550 last year "Buy it Now" and I got nothing but 15 watchers. After that I put it on Ebay again for .99 cents starting bid and 7 days later it went for $625.
Yes it is a gamble, but it might just pay off.

Insomniac186
09-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks guys. I knew I wasn't being unreasonable. I'm thinking about re-listing it but I just got an offer for the price I listed it over. Still thinking about it though.

nkeubie
09-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I've been one of your watchers. I have around 20 game used jerseys of Affeldt. Most bought directly from the Rockies and Royals. If the holo stated game used it would already be hanging up in my man room.

$125 isn't a bad price for a Giants gamer and I would have put a snipe of probably twice that if the MLB holo stated game used instead of issued. His Royals and Rockies jerseys are less desirable and usually sell for $60-$80.

Good luck,
Nick

Buster23!
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
What did you decide to do with the jersey?

Insomniac186
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Buster23!,

I sold the jersey but it is being returned to me. If you are interested, please email me so I can send you pictures and more details.

slab0meat
09-20-2012, 09:12 AM
May I ask what the reason is for being returned?

:confused:

Insomniac186
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
The buyer is returning the jersey because it is tagged "2007". From what I've seen, old leftover jerseys are sometimes issued to players that are added to the team during the season, as was the case with Affeldt. I didn't realize that would be an issue. Also, there was the fact that the MLB authentication (LH564906) does not mention the 2007 tag or Affeldt's name on the back. It only mentions the number (41). I was ignorant that the authentications were supposed to mention that (are they?), so I didn't inform the buyer about it, who purchased it sight unseen and feels that he is not getting what he paid for. I don't have many jerseys that have the authentication stickers and therefore I haven't researched what authentications are supposed to include. I learned my lesson!