Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baseballfan0721
    • Oct 2011

Paid and no item !!

I paid for an item from a member and got took'n !! Its been a few a month and I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt !! But man what can you do I don't put his name out cause I hate throwing people under the bus but that's sorry !! Has this ever happened to you !!
  • Preston
    • Mar 2010

Re: Paid and no item !!

Hey Armando - if you got scammed by a board member, as a fellow board member, I would kinda want to know who it is so it protects the rest of us. Not sure how mods feel about "outing" someone, but I personally am all for it because it helps keep the integrity of GUU.

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

Hopefully the other member knows who he or she is and will see this message and make things right before needing to be called out.

Otherwise if the seller will not reply to you or resolve the problem, then I agree to share the name to protect the rest of us. Even after you put the name out there, they can always post their explanation and try to clear their name that way.

Comment

• spartakid
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Preston
        Hey Armando - if you got scammed by a board member, as a fellow board member, I would kinda want to know who it is so it protects the rest of us. Not sure how mods feel about "outing" someone, but I personally am all for it because it helps keep the integrity of GUU.
        +1
        Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• xpress34
          • Sep 2008

+2

Comment

• slab0meat
            • May 2010

+everyone

Comment

• emann
              • Nov 2008

Agreed, especially if it's been a "few months" since the transaction as stated... I hate seeing posts from buyers in the past over an item a couple weeks lag on an item, but once you pass a month with nothing showing up, it becomes something different.

Comment

• xpress34
                • Sep 2008

Armando -

Just out the $#%^@^* so we can get on with the public ridicule...

Comment

• 35th&Shields
                  • Dec 2010

Just a thought! If you do not wish to post the member who took you. Maybe post what the item was so those of us who collect those items or that team can be weary if that items happens to come our way.

Thanks!
                  Joe

Comment

• commando
                    • Nov 2007

It is a privilege to post in the Classifieds. It should be obvious that if you take someone's money, you're going to get called out for it.

Communication is the key. Sorry, but there is no excuse for not returning emails once you have accepted someone's money.... Things get lost in the mail, sure... But where is the communication?
                    sigpic
                    Anthony Nunez
                    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
                    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by baseballfan0721
                      I paid for an item from a member and got took'n !! Its been a few a month and I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt !! But man what can you do I don't put his name out cause I hate throwing people under the bus but that's sorry !! Has this ever happened to you !!
                      Seems to me the Seller threw you under the bus by taking your money !!!

If what you say is true, why not post his/her information?

Just an opinion

Comment

• baseballfan0721
                        • Oct 2011

Thanks guys I hope he reads this post I will give him a few days to respond to my emails before I put him out on the board . I agree comunication is key I understand stuff happens just let me know whats going on . Heck it could be months just keep me informed you know !

Thanks Guys for having my back !

Comment

• rufusandherschel
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by baseballfan0721
                          Thanks guys I hope he reads this post I will give him a few days to respond to my emails before I put him out on the board . I agree comunication is key I understand stuff happens just let me know whats going on . Heck it could be months just keep me informed you know !

Thanks Guys for having my back !
                          You are extending this individual a courtesy that s/he didn't nor hasn't extended to you!

Comment

• bigjimsguitars
                            • Sep 2007

Hi Armando:

You are being too kind to the guy/gal and that person must think that you are a push over. Please protect the hobby by naming the person that is doing this to you. At worse, you have exposed him/her. At best, it will force them to come clean.

At this point you having nothing to lose and would even suggest contacting the police, sheriff to protect any legal actions you have...

Jim
                            Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

I hate to say it but coming on here and saying someone stiffed you for two months and then protecting their name just leads to speculation and concern by others not to buy from people on here suspicious who you are talking about.

Anyone who calls out a seller on here should mention them by name or don't blindly call out all random sellers. That is not fair to the honest ones.

Comment

Working...