PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest- $2000 gets a cracked bat

Eric
10-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Redsfest to Feature Celebrity Poker Tournament

CINCINNATI (Oct. 23, 2006) – Kahn’s Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, returns to Cincinnati on Friday, Dec. 1 and Saturday, Dec. 2 at the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati and will feature a poker-tournament fundraiser for the Reds Community Fund.
Fans can play poker with Reds players, coaches and legends in the Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament. The Texas Hold ’em event takes place Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. Cash games and registration begin at 5 p.m., and the first cards in the tournament will be dealt at 7 p.m.
Current and former Reds, as well as local media personalities, will play in the tournament and serve as table hosts. There will be up to 50 tables with a 10-person maximum for each table, including one celebrity per table.
Cost is a $200 buy-in per person for the tournament (plus one optional $50 add-on and three optional $50 re-buys) paying the top 20 places; the winner receives a $10,000 guaranteed payout based on 500 participants. Each tournament participant receives two beverage tickets, dinner and a Reds commemorative souvenir. Additionally, anyone that pre-registers prior to the close of business on Monday, Nov. 27 will receive complimentary access to all Redsfest events.
Tables are available for $2,000 and include signage during the event plus two beverage tickets, dinner and Reds commemorative souvenirs for nine guests. Each table purchase also includes authentic Reds hats for nine people and one game-used Reds cracked bat.
Spectator tickets are also available for $30. Each spectator receives two beverage tickets and dinner. All participants and spectators must be 21 years of age or older. No cameras or autographs will be allowed.
Kahn’s Redsfest 2006, presented by Great American Insurance Group, benefiting the Reds Community Fund, features fan interaction with current and former Reds players, including Ryan Freel, Brandon Phillips and All-Star Bronson Arroyo. Other event highlights include interactive thematic baseball displays, a 30,000-square-foot baseball field with live games and a Wiffle ball tournament, a celebrity home run contest, plus hitting and pitching clinics presented by Champions Baseball Academy. Tickets to the event go on sale Monday, Oct. 30.
The hours of operation for Kahn’s Redsfest are 4-11 p.m. on Friday and 12-8 p.m. on Saturday. For the first time, fans can purchase two-day passes for Redsfest. Two-day passes are $15 for adults and $7 for kids (12 and younger). One-day passes are $10 for adults and $5 for kids. All proceeds from Kahn’s Redsfest benefit the Reds Community Fund, the official nonprofit organization of the Cincinnati Reds.

indyred
11-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Anyone going this weekend. Did Reds sell game used stuff in the past at this event? I may check it out, there is just no mention of selling game used on the web site for it.

chakes89
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
I am going on friday.

chakes89
11-29-2006, 11:17 AM
i am not sure but i think they are having a silent auction with game used stuff in it

allstarsplus
11-29-2006, 11:33 AM

Tables are available for $2,000 and include signage during the event plus two beverage tickets, dinner and Reds commemorative souvenirs for nine guests. Each table purchase also includes authentic Reds hats for nine people and one game-used Reds cracked bat.
Spectator tickets are also available for $30. All proceeds from Kahn’s Redsfest benefit the Reds Community Fund, the official nonprofit organization of the Cincinnati Reds.

You have a maximum of 10 per table and you get 9 caps and 1 cracked bat. I guess the guy without the cap gets the cracked bat????

Sounds like fun. Glad the proceeds go to Charity!

indyred
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I see the new look jerseys are on mlb.com now. If anyone went, post a report on what game used stuff they had there and prices.

pietraynor
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Just got back from RedsFest...Loads of Game Used items available, mostly commons..the Reds still do a nice job of getting items into collectors hands..Broken bats ($50-100), hats (30-50), pregame/bp ($50-300), gamers ($75-300), batting helmets ($30 & up) & a few items in the silent auction...There were a number of star player items available (Dunn, Kearns-a star in Reds fans eyes anyway, Casey, Lopez, Wily Mo Pena, etc)..email @ ldonalds@columbus.rr.com before 7am Sat if you are looking for a specific player as I am returning & would gladly pickup items for forum members who prepay by PayPal..(8yrs on ebay 1600+ feedback w/o a negative, been in the hobby 25yrs)..If your item isn't available, I'll simply refund the money..Jerseys included Luke Hudson, S. Schoenweis, Lohse, R. White (#00), BB, Dent, Chambliss, Aurilia (steep), Wagner, Belisle, Olmedo, M. Perez, Stinnett, Gookie Dawkins, Lopez, T. Foli, McCracken, J. Clark, LaRue, G. White, Dessens, Abad, Todd Walker, D. Young, a few others from year's past & nearly all players from '06..Bats included Dunn, Lopez, Randa, Luke Hudson, Rob Mackowiak (!), Hatteberg, etc. No gamers come w/ any type of LOA..email w/ any questions. Jay

indyred
12-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I went Saturday and picked up a jersey and helmet. Stuff was marked down 25%. Did it go down to half off later? It is funny how they had big prices on Kearns, Lopez, Aurilia, LaRue, Willy Mo ect....Maybe at half off I would have been interested in there stuff. I wish I would have seen the selection when it first opened. Does the left over stuff go to the team store in GABP, or stored away till next Redsfest? I do like how the Reds tag there stuff (Property Of The Cincinnati Reds). I really like there new jerseys. Glad they dumped the vest look.

chakes89
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
i went saturday and everything eventually went down to 50 percent off. i 3 jerseys and 4 bats overall

chakes89
12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
i meant to say i got 3 jerseys and 4 bats