PDA

View Full Version : Are there LVS M9 retail stickers?????

jon_8_us
10-24-2006, 01:38 PM
I didn't want this issue to die with the post about the Louisville gift shop so i decided to post it as a question on it's own.The post brings up the question of whether there is a marking on player model Louisville M9 bats that are sold as retail bats.If so does anyone have pictures?Someone must know and it would cool a lot of doubt to find out that there is.Thanks
jon

earlywynnfan
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Are the M9 bats with stickers even sold as store bats?

Ken

astros*bats
10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
As I mentioned in my other post, I have seen an M9 bat with the underline. It is the only one that I have seen since and I though that I saved the picture incase this ever came up, but apparently I didn't.

jon_8_us
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks Astros i did see that but i was looking for a picture of this or a couple more people to say the same.I think it is a very important question that must be definitively answered.
jon

whirl
10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
I called the gift shop at LS Slugger this morning and spoke with a lady about the player model bats. She looked at the Jeter bat and told me there was a line under the 125. She also looked at the Ramirez bat. She told me there was NO line under the 125 on the Manny bat, because it was a decal bat. Apparently there is no retail marker for M9 bats.

cards-bats
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe a little off base here, but thought I would throw it out...

I've got an autographed M9 Pujols bat that I bought from Grey Flannel a few years ago. The described it as a BP bat with a few ball marks, rack marks, #5 on the knob. At the time it looked good to me, but have since realized that it is missing any sort of model number.

I know that Pujols has ordered quite a few of his M9 bats as promo bats and I'm guessing that this is one of them. Not sure if he may have liked it and used it a little or what happend with the little bit of use that it shows. There isn't enough use for it to qualify as a typical Pujols gamer, but not in pristine enough shape for him to have signed it and passed it on. Just kind of strange overall.

My 2¢ worth...I'm guessing that there are no model #'s on the M9 retail/promo bats...?????

jon_8_us
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
There is definitely model #'s on all the M9's i own.The fact that the woman at the gift shop counter said there is no underline on the 125 on the decal throws a major twist into this.I own a Ramirez M9 P72.So i guess it's possible for this bat to have been bought at the gift shop and then doctored after the fact(although it shows all Manny characteristics).This is a problem.I wish someone out there had concrete answers.....
jon

indyred
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
The only M9 retail bat i've ever seen there was of Manny Ramirez and that was at the LS gift shop. I was surprised because I had never seen that style sold to the public and I checked for underline under the 125 and there was none. Have people seen other player models of the M9 at sporting goods stores? If someone is doing the tour, that would be a great question to ask.

indyred
03-25-2007, 03:02 PM
I was at the factory gift shop today. They are still selling the m9 Manny model. I think it's m318. I did check the bottom of the handle and there is a #7 stamped in it. So that may be the marking they use on it for retail.

jon_8_us
03-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I was at the factory gift shop today. They are still selling the m9 Manny model. I think it's m318. I did check the bottom of the handle and there is a #7 stamped in it. So that may be the marking they use on it for retail.

nice follow up on an old post.good work!!
jon