Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJKANDLAK
    • Feb 2009

need help on date of Louisville Cardinals football helmet

I won this helmet on eBay and wondered if any U of Louisville fans or helmet collectors could help identify the years when the Cardinals used this style of helmet?
    Thank you-Jim
    Attached Files
  • helmets
    • Mar 2008

Re: need help on date of Louisville Cardinals football helmet

The helmet is a Schutt AiR IV, designed and worn by players 14 years of age and younger. It is not used in High School, College Football, or the NFL.
    Buying game used helmets of Packers - all eras as well as game used helmets of HOFers or future HOFers.

Comment

• JJKANDLAK
      • Feb 2009

Thank you!
      Jim

Comment

• John in KY
        • Dec 2007

Also Louisville only wore that NFL Cardinals-style cardinals logo for a season or two in the early 60s on a red helmet. They have worn a few different styles of cardinal head logo since then.

My time at the school corresponded with them adopting the "Cardinal Bird" mascot as the helmet logo. It was a drawing of the full mascot bird in my years at the school (which covered the 1980-1983 seasons); they went to just using the Cardinal Bird's head as the logo for the 1984 season (and adidas reworked the logo around 2001/2002 or so).

Comment

• JJKANDLAK
          • Feb 2009

Thanks for everyone's help. I had purchased it on eBay recently and haven't received it yet. I reached out to the seller(no response yet) as well as Paypal's resolution department to begin the refund process.

thanks
          jim

Comment

Working...