PDA

View Full Version : Swet 66 ...

LEGEND33
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Just arrived. This is one of the rarest case I take advantage to live outside USA (the other was for a Darral Imhoff phila 76ers jersey). Many times I was frustrated because sellers didn’t ship internationally . This jersey was found in Italy (flea market) and the seller was not comfortable to sell outside Italy. Now the chase for a photomatch is open … any helps will be appreciated.

LEGEND33
10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
i mean SWEET 66 ;)

joelsabi
10-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Is the third person from the right of the bottom photo the same player as the one wearing #12 on the top photo?

Bob Jeangerard

Robert Eugene Jeangerard (born June 20, 1932 in Evanston, Illinois) is a retired American basketball player who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics. Jeangerard played collegiately at the University of Colorado.
He was part of the American basketball team, which won the gold medal in 1956. Jeangerard also served in the U.S. Air Force, started his own chain of tire stores, became a lawyer for his stores, and started the Jeangerard Foundation which raised money for national parks.

both-teams-played-hard
10-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Alberto,

Beyond sweet! I tried to email you some photos, but my server could not support the files. I have many photos of the Phillips 66ers in my files, but I can't find any with the dark road jerseys.
Check the photo archive sections on my site.
http://imageshack.us/a/img688/8320/66ers.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/948/cbh765.jpg

I'm sure most of the collectors on this forum are unaware of the Industrial leagues of the 40s and 50s and the AAU.
True basketball history!
When I ever visit Italy I think I'll skip the Closseum and The Pantheon and head straight to the flea markets:)

Dewey2007
10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Alberto...that is an awesome jersey! Thanks for sharing!

joelsabi
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Is the third person from the right of the bottom photo the same player as the one wearing #12 on the top photo?

Bob Jeangerard

Robert Eugene Jeangerard (born June 20, 1932 in Evanston, Illinois) is a retired American basketball player who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics. Jeangerard played collegiately at the University of Colorado.
He was part of the American basketball team, which won the gold medal in 1956. Jeangerard also served in the U.S. Air Force, started his own chain of tire stores, became a lawyer for his stores, and started the Jeangerard Foundation which raised money for national parks.

The seller of the program confirmed it was Jeangerard. It's a only a lead but maybe you can get a hold of Jeangerard and ask him if this jersey belonged to him.

LEGEND33
10-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Thamks to all, very very much !!