PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with ideas for jersey display

jwal23
10-05-2012, 04:12 PM
So I've got got around 8 jerseys right now that I want to display but I plan on adding a lot more in the future so I'm just looking for some ideas of how to display them whether I should frame them, build a custom display case, or any other ideas y'all may have...I also have several other items like bats, hats, cleats, batting gloves, and other items so hopefully y'all can chime in on those as well...pictures would be great, thanks!

joelsabi
10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
i guess the first question is how much wall space and/or room space you have for your collection. 8 jerseys is a lot of wall space if you are putting them in frames.

icollectDCsports
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
My opinion (and some may agree and others disagree) is that framing jerseys like photos takes away several aspects of what makes owning a game worn jersey fun: You can no longer touch it. You can't see the parts of the jersey that aren't visible through the glass. And you turn an otherwise 3D item into a 2D item. However, the exception is that there are frames that are more like thin boxes that allow you to hang a jersey within the frame and see it through glass but you can also open the front of the frame like a door to address the limitations I mentioned above. If you prefer to have jerseys on mannequins, then perhaps a compromise due to space limitations would be to rotate some jerseys onto one or two mannequins and put the rest in frames.

BrianK
10-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I agree with the previous post. Acrylic boxes are a nice (but rather expensive) alternative as well.