PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have your Collection Insured?

gadsden86
10-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry if this has been posted didnt see it anywhere so figured i'd ask.

I was wondering if any of you have your collection insured under your homeowners insurance. If so did you need an appraisal? If you did who did you go threw?

Just looking to get some kind of something to cover me if something were to happen.

Thanks for any help.

Mulligans
10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
www.collectinsure.com

I have been using them for years....no appraisal necessary.

Shipp_96
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I do, I had Farmers Insurance then switched upon moving out west to a local company. No appraisal needed either time, they asked me an estimate and what my collection contained (very vague description of game worn helmets, jerseys and autos...no specifics).

icollectDCsports
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
It may be that an insurance company will say they'll cover you for your collection and will accept your initial overall valuation, but when it comes time (God forbid) to file a claim, I wonder how readily they'll accept valuations for individual pieces that you say were stolen or ruined?

baseballfan0721
10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
www.collectinsure.com (http://www.collectinsure.com)

I have been using them for years....no appraisal necessary.
are they expensive

Mulligans
10-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Not crazy.....you can go to their website and try a couple values of your collection and you can get an instant quote. In other words you get to pick the value of your policy. I save huge money on fedex and ups insurance as I no longer need to purchase it. It is covered in the policy and the savings probably pays for my policy.

gadsden86
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
cool thanks guys

stitzerfse
10-09-2012, 09:36 PM
It is extremely important to note that there is a huge difference between an insurance agent/agency and an insurance carrier. Agencies take on zero risk and are middle men paid commission by the carrier to service the customer. The original collectinsure entity (an agency) was purchased by another agency several years ago. They are NOT the ones covering the risk. Long story short, if you are going to contact them, ask what carrier options they provide and ask if you have a choice. If you do, do your homework on the carriers provided. Big red flag if they won't share that info.