PDA

View Full Version : Andrew McCutchen pre-rookie LS bats

WVUBeatPitt
10-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Greetings ... I am a new poster, however I have read threads in the past. I have probably under utilized this resource, so I figured that I would add a post and give this a try.

I have a few bats, not many that I was overly worried about with authentication mainly because I either received the bat personally, or it's MLB authenticated, etc.

Recently, I picked up an odd McCutchen Louisville Slugger rookie bat that he allegedly used in AAA Indy. The bat has "New York Yankees" on the barrel and was allegedly made for the Futures Game played at old Yankee Stadium during the ASG weekend.

How would one verify a special bat and perhaps a 1/1 of this sort? Would there even be a bat record for something like this if it was a special made bat that LS made just for this instance?

I took a chance on this bat. I did not have a huge concern when I got it being that it seemed to be a novelty even if it's an error. The guy I bought the bat from claimed he got it via Luis Cruz in 2008 when he was a teammate with McCutchen.

That is basically all I know on the history. I tried the best I could to find photos for a photo match and after seemingly reaching the end of the internet looking for a photo of this bat, I was not able to find one. I found some pictures of him in the miners using LS bats, but not the bat I have.

This bat does show use. It has all the indications of a game used bat. Not sure that he used it or somebody else. Hopefully somebody out there can help me out and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your time and help on this piece. Let's Go Bucs! #Pirates20

BMH
10-24-2012, 06:27 AM
It's really hard to say. We didn't make him any bats for Futures. It sounds like the bat is a standard Pro Stock bat for the Yankees that he might have used during the game.