PDA

View Full Version : Brian Roberts Items on Ebay

ahuff
10-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know the seller of these items? Or have you worked with them in the past?

I was interested in researching these items prior to making a bid. However, I noticed something alarming. In one listing he says he is a "clubbie" and the other he says "I play in the Orioles organization". So which is it? That is why I want feedback from someone that has worked with this seller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAN-ROBERTS-GAME-WORN-SPIKES_W0QQitemZ120045560754QQihZ002QQcategoryZ501 17QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAN-ROBERTS-GAME-USED-REHAB-HAT_W0QQitemZ120045565675QQihZ002QQcategoryZ50117Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hblakewolf
10-26-2006, 10:13 AM
See his previous ebay auction, item #120024461927, auto. 1991 Yankees ball. The description reads, ..."Our sports marketing firm had this item signed at one of the thousands of signings we have been part of over the last twenty years. This photo comes with a CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY from Talis Sport and Event Marketing..."

This is one busy guy-minor league ball player, clubhouse attendant and marketing guru!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Always buying Portland Beavers game worn jerseys and equipment

bat_master
10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi,

I'm pretty certain they are more marketing firm than anything. This past summer I won a 5 bat lot from them which included a Willie Mays store model Adirondack, a Paul O'Neill gamer (minus the tape), an Ellie Hendricks fungo bat, a Danny Tartabull Yankees gamer, and best of all a 1994 Rawlings Wade Boggs game used bat.

In my opinion, they aren't super great at knowing what their items are as this bat lot could have raised a lot more money with a better listing and better photos. They also aren't that great at answering emails, but if you call them they at least will try to help out. I got great information about the Wade Boggs bat when I called them.

Hope this helps.

Tim Byington
t_byington@yahoo.com