PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with MLB "team issue" items you believe are game used?

mbenga28
10-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I'd like to hear what some members here do with "team issued" MLB Authenticated items that after you've researched, you strongly believe are game used. Do you print photos of the match and display it to the item, send it to a third party authenticator to get a game used letter of opinion, or just leave it as is? Are you at peace of mind that the item is used but somewhat mislabeled as not?

pjbmd
10-19-2012, 09:00 AM
i smile when i look at them and know that i probably got a great deal price wise on the item!
PJB

tella27
10-19-2012, 06:02 PM
It's really are you keeping it or selling it. If you're keeping it no reason to spend money to find out something you already know. If you're going to sell it the extra cost to have Mears or another company look it over to be able to get the most out of it.

jbean023
10-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Alot of teams had items issued at the end of a week,month, or season authenticated.Then MLB with authenticate as issued. I have jerseys that are covered in dirt stains that say issued on the mlb holo.

jbean023
10-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Sorry Swype messes up my wording!!

frikativ54
10-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I just enjoy 'em. I got a pretty nice 2011 Justin Smoak road alternate that was issued but used on every occasion that the M's wore road alternates that year. Too bad it doesn't say on the hologram, "shows use, but was not seen being removed from the player's back." Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade this jersey for one with little use that was certified by MLB as "game used."

eisenreich8
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I just picked up a 2010 Alex Gonzalez Blue Jays retro (light blue) set 1 jersey that was authenticated as "issued" a week after he left the team to play in Atlanta. My instinct tells me he wore the jersey in games but abandoned it when he left the team and it was just branded as issued. I can't change that, but it looks great in my collection.

emann
10-20-2012, 12:18 AM
The game worn vs. game issued hologram designation means little to me if something shows obvious use... Honestly, I think alot of the game worn stuff is becoming manufactured as far as the use amount goes, like players wear it for one game and it gets holo'd as used.

I'd take a gamer that is deemed "issued" and shows a lot of use over a gamer deemed "worn" that looks lightly used any day. Plus makes for fun detective work and that's half the hobby's attraction for me.

The only exception is if it's holo'd "worn" to a milestone, that's cool.