PDA

View Full Version : $300 Carlos Dunlap Game Issued Worn1C Rookie Jersey, Franchise Rookie Record

dplettn
10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
This Carlos Dunlap jersey was purchased by me at the Cincinnati Bengals’ “Pro Shop” late during his Rookie Season of 2010, when he set a Bengals Franchise Rookie Record with 9.5 sacks. It does not exhibit wear noticeable by me. It does have the Berlin Wisconsin tag inside the shirt and Reebok collar tag reads 05 50 D – not at all atypical for Bengals jerseys from my understanding. The Pro Shop price tag (Game Issued Jersey… Worn1C… $300) is still affixed. After purchase, the Bengals equipment manager Jeff Brickner obtained the inscription (2nd Rd ‘10) and autograph for me still during the 2010 season.

I am not a dealer and I do not aspire to be. I am selling this jersey because if it is only game issued, it would not fit my collecting parameters. Irregardless the “Worn1C” portion of the tag, I cannot feel confident that the jersey was actually worn in a regular or preseason game because of the lack of visible use. I haven’t had luck looking for photomatches from his limited preseason or early season action (lack of available images). Full disclosure: I do know that this is NOT the jersey he wore to sack Payton Manning. On the plus side for the jersey, it would be “un-Bengal” for the to making game issued jerseys just without intending to use them except at the $750 price teir… $300 was their lowest pricing tier and their pricing based solely on player name and this pre-dated the Bengals' relationship with JO Sports.

I am only aware of this jersey and one black jersey (also absent visible wear) which were ever sold by the Bengals from Carlos’ spectacular rookie season. I’ve been a big Carlos Dunlap fan and was trying very hard to get one from the 1st time I saw him play. Whether it’s a Florida Gators collector or a fellow Bengals fan, I hope this jersey finds a home with somebody who either can know whether it was actually used, or collects game issued jerseys (used or otherwise). Aside from handing its possession back over to Jeff Brickner to attain the autograph, this jersey has not been outside of my position since I purchased it directly from the Bengals in 2010. I have been its only owner.

plettner at fuse dot net

dplettn
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Mods: Please delete thread.