Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwal23
    • Sep 2011

November Pickups

Added a few more to my Evan Longoria collection...2011 game used hat is pounded with use...the story behind the ball goes like this....I was actually at this game and this ball was hit by Longoria for a single, it was thrown back in to the pitcher (Holland) and the very next pitch it was thrown into the dirt to Keppinger...ball was thrown into the dugout and authenticated as "pitch in the dirt to Keppinger by Holland). I've even verified it on MLB.TV, but haven't gotten a response from the MLB authentication people about adding to the description, but none the less an awesome piece that I'll always treasure
    Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
    txacerj23@aol.com
  • gorilla777
    • Aug 2009

Re: November Pickups

2009 Mariano Rivera signed GU glove

Ben
    Attached Files

Comment

• flota89
      • Jul 2009

I haven't had the time to photograph, but in the last few months or so I've added to my 300 HR collection with the following bats:

2005 Larry Walker
      2011 Miguel Tejada
      2008 Carlos Delgado
      2011 Carlos Beltran

I'll try to add some photos if I get the chance.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with in November.

-Tyler
      Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• jbean023
        • Nov 2011

Picked up a few for the collection:

Tyler Colvin USA GU Batting Helmet-signed and insc
        Geovany Soto 08 ROY GU uniform-signed and insc
        Greg Halman GU WBC Cleats-signed and insc

Comment

• chakes89
          • May 2006

Originally posted by gorilla777
          2009 Mariano Rivera signed GU glove

Ben
          WHOA! NICE GLOVE!
          I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• DJaeger22
            • Oct 2010

Just got this pair of 2004 Tyler Clippard Battle Creek Yankees cleats. Both say T-Clip 19 under the tongues.
            Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
            jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• Masimen
              • Jun 2008

Nice 2 tone Larkin with great use.
              Attached Files

Comment

• dplettn
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jwal23
                Added a few more to my Evan Longoria collection...2011 game used hat is pounded with use...the story behind the ball goes like this....I was actually at this game and this ball was hit by Longoria for a single, it was thrown back in to the pitcher (Holland) and the very next pitch it was thrown into the dirt to Keppinger...ball was thrown into the dugout and authenticated as "pitch in the dirt to Keppinger by Holland). I've even verified it on MLB.TV, but haven't gotten a response from the MLB authentication people about adding to the description, but none the less an awesome piece that I'll always treasure
                Jwal23: MLB Authentication parameters do not allow for the authentication to be such amended even if there was constant video surveillance on the ball. The parameters on ball authentication to a relevant play strictly require the authenticator’s personal observation. Anyway, you aren’t alone in finding pleasure in your baseball for its real relevance (regardless of the relevant play being absent in the authentication). A few of my favorites are the same way, including one of my own November additions. Point is, when collecting for pleasure, your absolute knowledge of the item is the only knowledge that matters.

The primary focus of our ball collection is Joey Votto and he batted .389 in the 2012 NLDS. I’d hoped to get an authenticated “hit ball” but none of his seven hits were authenticated as “hits”. Fortunately, I was there in person for the four hits which happened at Great American Ball Park. Only one of those four hits reached the authenticator (after Zito walked the following batter in the 1st inning of game 4).

My advice to you after researching MLB authentication parameters in great detail…. Just be happy you know what you have… and grateful you were fortunate enough to obtain it. The only member of the game used community whose absolute knowledge about your ball matters is you. And you already have that.

Here is a picture of my Joey Votto 2012 NLDS hit ball, from the 1st inning of Game 4. It was Votto's 5th career postseason hit and I'm grateful to both know of and have it! I'm happy for your addition too.
                Attached Files

Comment

• coxfan
                  • Feb 2009

dplettn, your comments are well-put. We've discussed under various other topics the value of doing your own research on game-used balls, using the play-by-play of mlb.com, as well as video evidence. I keep a folder in which I record the observations and evidence I've found that tell me how my ball was previously used, and how it fits into the full flow of the game. Personally, I'm glad the authenticators are so strict. That gives me the fun of adding to my knowledge through my own work.

Comment

• tharuier
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2011

Game used 67 Seminick Phillies road jersey, Plus 1973 GU Eugene Emeralds Hat.

1973 GU Greg Luzinski Phillies Jersey
                    Attached Files

Comment

• MichaelofSF
                      • Apr 2007

George Brett 1992-93 uncracked game bat B351

back of barrel

hitting surface
                      hitting surface 2

knob

cupped end

Comment

• CampWest
                        • May 2008

Nice Brett bat, Two Time. Looks like there is a nice cluster of seam impressions on the sweet spot of the right side of the barrel. Great pickup.
                        sigpic
                        Wes Campbell

Comment

• Klattsy
                          • Aug 2010

Last of my pickups. Actually forgot about Balfour gear. Arrived on Saturday and I'm like WTF? Thanks to Jake for that gear.

2008 World Series BP Shoes (w/signed loa)

2007 Name Plate

Comment

• tharuier
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2011

Got home today and figured I would post my Blanton issued ws jersey.

Comment

• russyurk
                              • May 2008

It's been a big few weeks.
                              - Tiger Stadium final game jersey worn by Dave Mlicki and honoring Mickey Lolich and Aurelio Lopez.
                              - A few 2012 Team USA jerseys. The blue alternate is a new material, similar to All Star workout day jerseys, thinner and less expensive. I was told by my contact at USA Baseball they weren't big fans. The blue was too dark, more Yankees blue and they prefer a shade closer to the Braves. The reds were the first made by Majestic for Team USA and those may be one and done as they went 0-2 wearing those.
                              Attached Files
                              Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

Working...