PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Month MLB Award?

EricTheRed44
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew about player of month awards for MLB? I see a listed Player of the Month award for Eric Davis from 1988 and wasnt sure if it's something Eric had made or if it was the award MLB gave to players who won.

Any info would be great, was trying to track down the backstory, if there was indeed an award.

Thanks
Joe

joelsabi
11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_Player_of_the_Month_Award

frikativ54
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
The are made by the league and an actual award is given to the winning player.

EricTheRed44
11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys. I snagged one of them. I dont know why, but I think having an award of his is pretty sweet, I think I'd rather have it than a game worn jersey?...

The same guy is posting other game used Eric Davis stuff, I've spent wayyy too much of late, so I'm out of the running. So if anyone else can afford it, go for some nice looking Davis stuff (on ebay).

Joe

joelsabi
11-04-2012, 04:14 PM
were there two of his awards for sale at the same time? why did you choose that one over the other.

also what is the baseball on the award made of and is it the same size as the regular baseball.

EricTheRed44
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I chose the 1987 award from May. I remember watching both the games (TV) when he hit the 2 grand slams. Also, I could see the National League logo on the one from 1987, I couldnt see it on the one from 1988. The base of the 88 looked better than 87, but the fact I remember the accomplishments from 87 and the National league logo put it over the top for me.

I do not know size or any of the specs on the award, I just thought it would be great to add to my Davis collection.

Joe

joelsabi
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I chose the 1987 award from May. I remember watching both the games (TV) when he hit the 2 grand slams. Also, I could see the National League logo on the one from 1987, I couldnt see it on the one from 1988. The base of the 88 looked better than 87, but the fact I remember the accomplishments from 87 and the National league logo put it over the top for me.

I do not know size or any of the specs on the award, I just thought it would be great to add to my Davis collection.

Joe

cool

i think it would supplement your collection greatly and it would be cool if you found other stuff from his 1987 year or from that month if thats possible.