• Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

NOB change

In the preseason, Detroit's Titus Young was merely Titus Young:

Now, though, the NOB reads YOUNG SR.

I'm curious, Lions fans...wghen and why did Young decide to add the suffix to his NOB?

Dave Miedema
  • dnrapp
    • Feb 2009

Re: NOB change

I know that starting this year NFL alowed players to add Jr and III to their NOB, thanks to RGIII in Washington. So maybe Young had a child and named him Titus Young Jr. Thus he is now Young Sr.

Comment

• jppopma
      • Mar 2006

He did recently have a son (during the offseason I think), but think it is a little extreme to add the SR. NOB's should be to differentiate players on the team...not for players to decide what they want to be known as.

My son is a JR and I will say that I have not used the SR part in my name at all in 6 years.

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jppopma
        He did recently have a son (during the offseason I think), but think it is a little extreme to add the SR. NOB's should be to differentiate players on the team...not for players to decide what they want to be known as.

My son is a JR and I will say that I have not used the SR part in my name at all in 6 years.
        imho, i dont see much harm in a player wanting a variation of his real name on his jersey. if it's a tribute to a family member so be it. i think it would be more extreme if nicknames were allowed on jersey. then i think using nicknames would be more a commercialization of jerseys.

Wonder if this will catch on in baseball and what player jersey possibilities are out there if this was allowed. i dont think there was much confusion when there were two ripkens or two griffeys on the same team. i think its a great tribute tho and in baseball, more than in football, a son will follow in the father's footsteps into the majors.
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• DJaeger22
          • Oct 2010

Here's a funny article sort of making fun of Titus and his sudden name change. http://sportsmasher.com/2012/09/13/t...y-in-divamove/
          Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
          jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...