PDA

View Full Version : negroleaguesbaseballmuseum on ebay

dietdew
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Any Royals or Twins fans out there the seller negroleaguesbaseball museum is clearing out their remaining uniforms and pants from the KC vs Min throwback game on July 21. The prices are really great, and the proceeds go the the museum so it's a win-win.

TBTwinsFan
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Did anyone buy the Glen Perkins?

If they did, let me know.

dietdew
11-16-2012, 04:30 PM
The feedback for the Perkins indicates
jime33

was the winner of the Perkins.

It looks like it went for about $140 plus shipping. I don't think any Twins ended up going for over $225 when they went for auction a couple weeks ago though the top 5 or so names (Mauer, Willingham, Span, Revere, Gardy) were not offered until this latest batch and then it was only the pants.

CampWest
11-16-2012, 04:39 PM
though the top 5 or so names (Mauer, Willingham, Span, Revere, Gardy) were not offered until this latest batch and then it was only the pants.

The jerseys from the top 5-6 players from each team were auctioned on behalf of the NLBM by the Royals through MLB Auctions back in August or so... The top names brought quite a bit.

dietdew
11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
The jerseys from the top 5-6 players from each team were auctioned on behalf of the NLBM by the Royals through MLB Auctions back in August or so... The top names brought quite a bit.

I looked up some of the auctions when I was looking at the pants last night. I saw Mauer's jersey went over $2600 and Willingham was more towards the $500 range. I know from watching these ebay auctions a couple weeks ago that the Royals jerseys did better than the Twins ones with a couple going over $500. Doumit was probably the best game used Twins one available on ebay though there was an issued Morneau. I'm really glad the the Museum offered these through ebay. I almost bought a blank STPG jersey from the Twins pro shop a couple years back but balked at the $300 price tag.

CampWest
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM
I looked up some of the auctions when I was looking at the pants last night. I saw Mauer's jersey went over $2600 and Willingham was more towards the $500 range. I know from watching these ebay auctions a couple weeks ago that the Royals jerseys did better than the Twins ones with a couple going over $500. Doumit was probably the best game used Twins one available on ebay though there was an issued Morneau. I'm really glad the the Museum offered these through ebay. I almost bought a blank STPG jersey from the Twins pro shop a couple years back but balked at the $300 price tag.

This is the first year of online auctions... they used to do them all in person at the museum on a Saturday or Sunday morning in December... I personally found the garage sale to be very nice, but they definitely got more interest online.

I'm just glad they did the throwback tribute game again this year after they skipped it in 2011.

The top Royals ebay I think were Moustakas for 650+- and Sal Perez for 550+-. I wanted the Sal, but was looking at about half of that price.

TBTwinsFan
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM
The feedback for the Perkins indicates
jime33

was the winner of the Perkins.

It looks like it went for about $140 plus shipping. I don't think any Twins ended up going for over $225 when they went for auction a couple weeks ago though the top 5 or so names (Mauer, Willingham, Span, Revere, Gardy) were not offered until this latest batch and then it was only the pants.

Does he happen to be a member here by chance?

ironmanfan
11-16-2012, 05:35 PM

you can search for members (at least at one time I know you could)

CampWest
11-16-2012, 05:36 PM

you could try...
http://community.ebay.com/profile.jspa?username=jime33

then click on "send message".

tony433433
11-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Anyone know who scored the Plouffe uni? I tried bidding at the last minute (as per usual strategy), but a slow connection delayed my bid going through until after. Needless to say, I was a bit mad.

dietdew
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
You should be able to find out who won any of the sold jerseys by clicking on the feedback score of the seller and looking at their feedback left for others. They only have about 40 transactions, so it shouldn't take too long.

dietdew
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Plouffe sold to ct-twins-fan (http://myworld.ebay.com/ct-twins-fan)

tony433433
11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Thank you very much, dietdew!

tella27
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
They might sell nice jerseys but their customer service is garbage. I bought 3 uniforms that all ended within hours of each other. The said the couldn't offer a discount on shipping (they charge $20 per). So even though they charged me $60 to ship each uniform by itself they shipped them all together. I knew they would ship them together and that's why I asked for a shipping discount. The made almost an additional $40 off me in shipping. I turned it into Paypal and they refunded the extra money but it took awhile. I told them it was not good business ripping people off and they thanked me for the advise.

dietdew
11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I also have bought 3 from them, but I didn't let the shipping get me riled up considering how much these would be if they came from the Twins. At least the money is going to a museum and not some douche.

I contacted them today as their auctions are running out. They said there will be no re-listing and no further discounts, and that anything remaining at the end of the auctions will go into the archives for museum use.

dtsa
11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
I live in KC area and bought a jersey/pants combo. Picked them up at the museum to save on shipping and customer service was awesome. Very very surprised when I got home to find a brand new belt and brand new socks thrown in. Belt has a MLB sticker but an odd prefix that wasn't in the data base. This happen to anyone or everyone?

lakeerie92
11-26-2012, 01:16 AM
I live in KC area and bought a jersey/pants combo. Picked them up at the museum to save on shipping and customer service was awesome. Very very surprised when I got home to find a brand new belt and brand new socks thrown in. Belt has a MLB sticker but an odd prefix that wasn't in the data base. This happen to anyone or everyone?

I once bought a Chipper Jones signed baseball from the Braves and the prefix was XX like the example on the MLB authentication page. I posted on here about it and eventually traded it back to the Braves for one with the number in the database. I wish I would have kept it now because it was unique.

dietdew
11-26-2012, 09:00 AM

I had the sticker on one of the belts that I got. I just assumed that it was one of those official merchandise type stickers that you find on retail items.

adam-ky
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I bought the Willingham pants. Did anyone on here buy the Willingham Jersey of MLB.com???? If so is it for sale?

dtsa
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
It looks like a retail sticker but the numbers and letter prefix look like MLB authentication ones. So everybody got socks and a belt? Thought I was special. Guess I should have known better. :)

dietdew
11-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I got a uniform through the initial auctions that included socks and belt, but the one I got in the mail today from the buy-it-nows did not have either.