PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter Hit Baseball to pass Gherig - l THINK NOT!!

suave1477
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I apologize in advance if this was brought up before as I did a search and didnt see anything on it. I am also shocked if no one else noticed this

Everything in the description eludes to the possibility this is the actual ball, the mlb authentication, the description, even the inscription on the ball (How did that get there?), THE BEST PART IS THE PRICE $65K - whcih this also belongs in another thread that was started for obscene money auction items.

I fond it very strange if you look at the MLB description there is nothing that mentions it being "the actual hit baseball" or even "being hit by Jeter" its just a ball used from that game which on top of that the seller didnt show any steiner loa.

Either he is trying to get over or just has really really really high hopes that a ball from this game might be worth that much!!

I emailed the seller asking him about the ball and he told me Steiner had a bunch of these balls from the game and he does have a Steiner LOA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-Passes-Lou-Gehrig-2722-Hits-Game-Used-Ball-Autograph-w-Inscription-/121015924076?item=121015924076&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123&nma=true&si=bIaFlYwp1Yw8Sz4PO9BrZTTcjiM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

joelsabi
11-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I apologize in advance if this was brought up before as I did a search and didnt see anything on it. I am also shocked if no one else noticed this

Everything in the description eludes to the possibility this is the actual ball, the mlb authentication, the description, even the inscription on the ball (How did that get there?), THE BEST PART IS THE PRICE $65K - whcih this also belongs in another thread that was started for obscene money auction items.

I fond it very strange if you look at the MLB description there is nothing that mentions it being "the actual hit baseball" or even "being hit by Jeter" its just a ball used from that game which on top of that the seller didnt show any steiner loa.

Either he is trying to get over or just has really really really high hopes that a ball from this game might be worth that much!!

I emailed the seller asking him about the ball and he told me Steiner had a bunch of these balls from the game and he does have a Steiner LOA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derek-Jeter-Passes-Lou-Gehrig-2722-Hits-Game-Used-Ball-Autograph-w-Inscription-/121015924076?item=121015924076&ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123&nma=true&si=bIaFlYwp1Yw8Sz4PO9BrZTTcjiM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i think you may be reading too much into it. he actually goes out of his way to say what it is. i think he just has no idea how to price this, maybe comparing it to a down payment on a ferrarii. he has high hopes,

suave1477
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
i think you may be reading too much into it. he actually goes out of his way to say what it is. i think he just has no idea how to price this, maybe comparing it to a down payment on a ferrarii. he has high hopes,

I am not sure what you mean by going out of his way. He typed 1 sentence saying this was a game used baseball - He does not indicate whether it is the actual ball or just a ball from that game and then he kind of eludes at the end of that sentence that this could potentially be that ball.

So where do you see him going out of the way?

I see him going out of the way to say MLB is the most reliable Authenticator

joelsabi
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I am not sure what you mean by going out of his way. He typed 1 sentence saying this was a game used baseball - He does not indicate whether it is the actual ball or just a ball from that game and then he kind of eludes at the end of that sentence that this could potentially be that ball.

So where do you see him going out of the way?

I see him going out of the way to say MLB is the most reliable Authenticator

and inscibed 2722 LH-617842 this Game Used baseball was Used during in the game on september 11,2009.

that's pretty explicit.

he even copied and paste the two mlb authentications.

what more can you want?

i dont see any intent to deceive. i have seen way more deceptive descriptions for so called "homerun" baseballs. that's at least how i see it.

not showing the steiner loa, as you know, would be overkill since it is mlb authenticated. mentioning the steiner loa at least shows where it came from.

suave1477
11-16-2012, 01:07 PM
You left out the rest of the sentence.

First lets start off with your first comment. Used during the game!! Yeah both baseballs were used during the game so that doesnt specify anything. So thats really not that explicit.

Now for the rest of the sentence
"Derek Jeter stepping up the tone making his milestone"

So its like he is kinda sorta saying this could be the milestone or it couldnt be.

What more do I want? To tell the amateur collector to the expert collector out right - THIS WAS A BALL USED DURING THE GAME NOT THE ACTUAL BALL.

The seller never says which one it could be he kind of leaves it vague to let you guess which one it is.

Now lets add the fact it has the hit number inscription which could easily point more in the direction that this is the ball!! The price also would kind of suggest it also. Who else would charge $65,000 for just an average ball??

Your last but not least comment
Why would you want a Steiner letter that would be overkill? Really??? Maybe because I would like to see what it stipulates as far as what Jeter wrote on there, even the inscription it would say Jeter added it or did the seller himself add that inscription number? It may also be more direct in the Steiner letter to say it was a ball used from that game and not so much leading a buyer to believe it is the actual ball.

Yes I agree sellers out there have done worse but this is not that far off either

joelsabi
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
What more do I want? To tell the amateur collector to the expert collector out right - THIS WAS A BALL USED DURING THE GAME NOT THE ACTUAL BALL.

Yes I agree sellers out there have done worse but this is not that far off either

ok to the amateur collector, to spend 65K and not do any research is plain irresponsible

for the expect collector this was enough. we all know jeter had his hit in fourth inning. these were a bunch of baseballs collected during the next inning in anticipation of demand for anything from this ballgame, including baseballs.
his desciption was enough for me in this case but i see your point.

joelsabi
11-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Session Name: BAL AT NYY
Session Date: September 11, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: INNING 5

Session Name: DEREK JETER SIGNING - STEINER SPORTS
Session Date: December 02, 2009
Autographer: DEREK JETER
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.