PDA

View Full Version : Hockey fans - need your input

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2012, 10:55 PM
First let me say, I dont own it, and can really disclose any more info than this....

Pete Stemkowski game used hockey stick, used the night the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup in 1967.

There are 11 autographs on the stick and they are as follows: David Keon, Tim Horton, Red Kelly, Marcel Pronovost, Ron Ellis, Frank Mahovlich, Peter Stemkowski, Ed Shack, Milan Marcetta, Terry Sawchuk and Michael Walton. Stick was given to/acquired by an off duty police officer working the game that night.

What is your estimation of the stick's value at auction, with proper authentication?

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Should be "can't" disclose any more info.

gingi79
11-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Leaf fans are like Yankee fans and Packer fans. Their last (ever? Stupid NHL lockout.....) Cup win used stick with documentation (Contact MeiGray. If Barry's team photomatches it, the piece is real and valuable) would be huge.

The stick market isn't the jersey market but Barry at MeiGray.com would be able to not only give you pricing but help with authenticity.

legaleagle92481
11-17-2012, 12:12 PM
The autographs alone are worth alot. Horton and Sawchuck are very rare. There are alot of Leafs fans and if I am correct its their most recent cup so I would say $7,500 to $10,000.

Vintagedeputy
11-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Thank you for the input, everyone. I told the person that I would expect a minimum of $4000 to $5000 at auction, but that it could easily go for more.I think that there's no doubt about the authenticity.