PDA

View Full Version : Burton Lawless Semi-Tough Game Used Movie Jersey

Jayworld
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Semi-Tough's football scenes were filmed in both the Cotton Bowl in Dallas in January of 1977 and also in the Orange Bowl in Miami. In Dallas, in two weeks of filming, area football officials from the Dallas chapter (including both Southwest Conference and high school officials) were asked to be part of the filming for authenticity and paid a stipend. My dad, who officiated in the Southwest Conference from 1977-90, was asked to be a part of the filming, and I accompanied him on a few days and got to meet many players (mostly from the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Oilers) and a few actors, including Bert Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson.

On the last day of filming, Dallas Cowboys guard Burton Lawless gave me his "Miami" team jersey that he had worn while filming, and I have had it for 35 years in my collection. The jersey is a Champion brand size Large as indicated from the tagging. The numbers on front and back are deep cardinal in color and are fabric sewn onto the jersey. The nameplate consist of the name "Burton" in fabric letters sewn onto the white rectangular nameplate and the nameplate sewn on the jersey. Jersey is the white "small hole" mesh style from the 1970s period and is in good condition. Both name and numbers show quite a bit of wear and some fraying. Jersey has been stored carefully while in my possession in a smoke-free, pet-free environment.

$500 for the jersey/includes shipping and insurance. Please email me with interest and/or questions.