PDA

View Full Version : grey flannel auction

d4347
11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
The December Grey Flannel auction is up and there are some great items. The late additions section might have even nicer stuff then the initial entry's.

RJB44
11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
yes, the Oakland Willie McCovey jersey is very RARE ????

trsent
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM
The December Grey Flannel auction is up and there are some great items. The late additions section might have even nicer stuff then the initial entry's.

There are some great items for sale on eBay also.

Did you see the latest MEARS auction launched last night? They have some great items also.

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/

In fact, here is a list of all major auction houses (that pay for their advertising on the Auction Report web site) so everyone can know every auction launching:

http://www.auctionreport.com/auction-schedule/

I'm sure Grey Flannel appreciates your plug of their auction, but they hate this site so I'm not sure why you posted this. Ritchie wishes this forum would go away and vanish.

Mulligans
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
So let me get this right.......Because Ritchie hates this site, a forum member cannot share his thoughts on all the great items that Grey Flannel has in their Auction?

And.....Why would Grey Flannel hate the memers of this forum? We are the Core of their business. Its a relatively small audience out there and most of the members on this Forum buy and sell tons with GF.

Some times, I just don't get the unecessary "tone" on many of these Forums??

JackHE
11-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Sure would be nice if Grey Flannel would ever answer email questions or if the wait on the phone was less than an hour :mad:

trsent
11-24-2012, 03:39 PM
So let me get this right.......Because Ritchie hates this site, a forum member cannot share his thoughts on all the great items that Grey Flannel has in their Auction?

And.....Why would Grey Flannel hate the memers of this forum? We are the Core of their business. Its a relatively small audience out there and most of the members on this Forum buy and sell tons with GF.

Some times, I just don't get the unecessary "tone" on many of these Forums??

My friend who used to work with Grey Flannel said Ritchie always bitched about the forum. The staff was not to mention GUU to Ritchie. He had a nickname for us, I forget what it was.

People like Ritchie consider this forum trouble. Us always questioning his items. People like him are the ones always making comments about how this forum are not the real buyers in the industry.

Ritchie needs to get the chip off his shoulder.

Now, someone comes on here and blindly states what a great auction they have, doesn't look like someone happy with their auction, looks like a consignor looking for attention to the auction to me.

Not a big deal, every new auction that comes up everyone should praise it on here to give that auction attention. I was just saying there are a few auctions running right now so might as well give them all credit.

trsent
11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Sure would be nice if Grey Flannel would ever answer email questions or if the wait on the phone was less than an hour :mad:

They don't need to offer customer service execpt to their really big customers, right?

jppopma
11-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Many of the auction companies dislike the forum because we affect their bottom line. For every jersey that gets uncovered and shown to be an obvious fake, it both makes them look bad and they loose out on the difference in commission if it sells for less.

HassanWM
11-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Any thoughts on the 1934 NFL Cincinnati Reds/St Louis Gunners jersey?

HassanWM
11-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Any thoughts on the 1934 NFL Cincinnati Reds/St Louis Gunners jersey?
Anyone? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. It seems this item is going solely on the words of two people.

slats7
11-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm guessing they mostly get things right, but when I pointed out to them that there was NO WAY this could have been Don Meredith's jersey, they threw a fit and had two different people harangue me on the phone. End result was that a bidder got ripped off to the tune of $11K. I'd never do business with them.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=24471

HassanWM
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm guessing they mostly get things right, but when I pointed out to them that there was NO WAY this could have been Don Meredith's jersey, they threw a fit and had two different people harangue me on the phone. End result was that a bidder got ripped off to the tune of $11K. I'd never do business with them.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=24471
Never is quite a strong word. I know they do have at least one VERY questionable item for sale in their inventory. I tried to tell them and, as you implied, they are not open-minded to being wrong.

That is quite a big rip-off there. I am no expert on Cowboys jerseys so I can't say anything about it.

slats7
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Never is quite a strong word. I know they do have at least one VERY questionable item for sale in their inventory. I tried to tell them and, as you implied, they are not open-minded to being wrong.

That is quite a big rip-off there. I am no expert on Cowboys jerseys so I can't say anything about it.

1) Cowboys never wore mesh jerseys when Meredith played.
2) TV numbers are in the wrong place (should be up on shoulders as they were in the 1960s, not down near the sleeve stripes as they were in the 1970s).

The jersey they auctioned could only have been used between the years 1970-73.

HassanWM
11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
1) Cowboys never wore mesh jerseys when Meredith played.
2) TV numbers are in the wrong place (should be up on shoulders as they were in the 1960s, not down near the sleeve stripes as they were in the 1970s).

The jersey they auctioned could only have been used between the years 1970-73.
I do have a jersey from the 1960s. Those points are about as obvious as it can get in proving the jersey was not worn by Meredith. :eek:

slats7
11-29-2012, 10:34 PM
here's a couple of old DC jerseys at a low starting price

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/69638/Fall-2012-Catalog-Auction/Sports/Football/Lot450~Two-Dallas-Cowboys-Game-Jerseys

gingi79
11-30-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm sure Grey Flannel appreciates your plug of their auction, but they hate this site so I'm not sure why you posted this. Ritchie wishes this forum would go away and vanish.

I can't imagine why. We correctly question his items, jerseys have been shown to be more than questionable and we panned his god awful show for being a money craving, elitist, self absorbed and scripted black mark on the hobby. When Dennis Rodman is the one with integrity and class on your show......:rolleyes:

commando
11-30-2012, 03:18 AM
I can't imagine why. We correctly question his items, jerseys have been shown to be more than questionable and we panned his god awful show for being a money craving, elitist, self absorbed and scripted black mark on the hobby. When Dennis Rodman is the one with integrity and class on your show......:rolleyes:

Makes you wonder how this hobby was even a possibility twenty years ago, before so much info was readily available on a computer monitor. Of course, back then the money wasn't as big for the lower and mid-level stuff.

HassanWM
12-07-2012, 12:11 AM
They actually removed me from their database for questioning items here. I never said anything about them anywhere else.

HassanWM
12-07-2012, 12:13 AM
And I was going to place bids too.

gingi79
12-07-2012, 02:05 AM
They actually removed me from their database for questioning items here. I never said anything about them anywhere else.

I'm sure I'm banned too. I'd be upset but considering the pretentious indignation and embarrassing portrayal of our hobby on their infomercial/reality show, I wouldn't bid with them anyway.

I will say Hassan is a valued member of the hockey game worn community whom I have had the pleasure of working with personally.

HassanWM
12-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm sure I'm banned too. I'd be upset but considering the pretentious indignation and embarrassing portrayal of our hobby on their infomercial/reality show, I wouldn't bid with them anyway.

I will say Hassan is a valued member of the hockey game worn community whom I have had the pleasure of working with personally.
Thank you, gingi.

I apologize to Grey Flannel. My only intent was to get research information for one item. I am of the understanding they are generally an outstanding organization. I have no issues with any auction house, at all.