Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • commando
    • Nov 2007

A 1940s Tony Canadeo Packers GU Jersey... Well, Almost

This past year, an "NFL Evolution" commercial has aired during games, including during the Super Bowl. It's a great commercial that can be seen here:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Obviously, the early scenes had to be re-created. The company "Sports Studio" of Culver City, California designed the wardrobes and uniforms for these scenes. I was able to acquire the jersey worn by the actor who played Hall of Fame Packers running back Tony Canadeo.

This thing is cool. It seems to be a pretty faithful reproduction of the real thing and shows light wear from the shoot (you can really see the spots except with the camera flash). Considering the real thing sold at MEARS for over $50,000, I feel this one was a real bargain.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: A 1940s Tony Canadeo Packers GU Jersey... Well, Almost

Congrats on this pickup....Did you happen to see this writeup on this commercial from Helmet Hut's site:

Comment

• commando
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
      Congrats on this pickup....Did you happen to see this writeup on this commercial from Helmet Hut's site:

http://www.helmethut.com/Features/NFLEVOLUTION.html
      That's very cool... I was wondering if Helmet Hut had done the helmets for the commercial. Seems like HH is firmly the go-to place for historic helmets. I didn't know much about Sports Studio until recently, but if you look at the list of sports commercials they have done wardrobes for, it's equally impressive.
      sigpic
      Anthony Nunez
      Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
      www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• russyurk
        • May 2008

I just checked out the Sports Studio website , check out the photo below from their warehouse. Holy hell, jerseys stacked four levels high. I know they aren't game used per se but it would still be cool to check them out.

Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• jppopma
          • Mar 2006

Larry P would be in heaven there! Very cool pickup.

Comment

Working...