PDA

View Full Version : Sports Memorabilia Collector Software

bcbeas
11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Anyone use some type of sports memorabilia collector software to manage their collection? If so, what do you use?

joelsabi
11-23-2012, 03:01 PM
good question.

i use excel to organize my inventory. very versatile for sorting.

i know there are some vb general type software available. would be interesting to know the sorting capability or reports that can be printed out using the software too. cost and links would be appreciated too.

commando
11-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Here's a program I was considering trying for $15:

http://lignup.com/collecting-organizing-manager-software.html

It's called The LignUp Multi-Collector. Looks pretty cool and versatile, and it's a matter of whether or not I'll actually take the time to use it!

CampWest
11-24-2012, 09:34 AM
I just use Excel. I can use it on any machine, without having to worry about installing software and I can easily strip it down to a trade list and share it with anyone. And the price is pretty good...

packfan84
11-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I have been using Excel as well, but I saw this post and figured what the heck, why not try that software. The free version is complete garbage. You can't edit the templates. So I spent the $15 and have been archiving my Texas Rangers collection ever since. Once you setup the template to work for you, it's really cool. I can have all of my pics with the item and scan my coa's in as well. There is a place to add in web links, so I have some links to the box scores where an item was used. Overall, I really like it. The $15 sale ends this weekend.

Here are a couple of screenshots:
Main Menu:

Item Screen:

commando
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
That's pretty cool, Packfan!!!

jppopma
11-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Packerfan, Does this software have an Excel merge feature? It looks nice, but would be way too much work to reenter all of the items from the excel file.

packfan84
11-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Looks like you can only import .csv files into the program. Can you convert an ExCel file to a csv?

Here is another shot of the main menu. I like this layout better since you can see the items to the right. Really is fun to use. It also adds up the value of your collection, what you paid, and what it is valued at which shows up when you use the stats icon.

CampWest
11-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Looks like you can only import .csv files into the program. Can you convert an ExCel file to a csv?

Yes. In Excel, just do a save as and change the file type. Question would be how customizable the import feature is... might need to tailor the excel file fields to match the new software or might not.

joelsabi
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes. In Excel, just do a save as and change the file type. Question would be how customizable the import feature is... might need to tailor the excel file fields to match the new software or might not.

You have to define the spreadsheet for import by matching it to the fields (thumbnail, title, player, type of item, etc)on the program with the fields on your spreadsheet, which should be defined on the first row. Has anyone tried? Would save a lot of time.

bcbeas
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the replys. I've been using Excel spreadsheets myself. Just wondered if there was a better way. I just purchased this program. You can still get it for half price.

jppopma
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
I too am going to give it a try and will let you know on the merge capabilities hopefully soon.

jppopma
12-14-2012, 11:58 PM
I went ahead and got this software and it is very user friendly. They were able to create a marco and set up the database, which was a huge plus. I don't even want to know how long it would have taken to transfer over 1,000 lines from Excel to another format.

I have yet to play around with loading photos, but I do like how you can arrange the information any way you want. Down the road if I chose to sell and of the jerseys on Ebay, this will be helpful inn being able to copy the formatted information into a listing.

Hope everyone else is having similar success if they tried this out. Thanks for the heads up.