X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shipp_96
    • Feb 2011

Notre Dame split helmets from Miami game going on sale

Not my cup of tea or even within my budget, but pretty cool nonetheless:

I personally have been dealing with the owner of this site for nearly a decade. Mostly retail helmets for signings I would go to but he does get some nice Schutt game worn helmets in now and then, and this appears to be one of those times. I have had nothing but positive experiences with him and he is very helpful whenever I pick up the phone and have questions (imagine that!). Maybe if we win this 500 million dollar lottery the wife got tickets for I'll pick one up LOL .
  • snick33
    • Mar 2012

Re: Notre Dame split helmets from Miami game going on sale

A little confused. I know Stiener has a contract with ND. About a month ago they got 10 of these in sold for 750.00 I missed the phone call by 2 hrs. They sold out in under ten min.

Comment

• rchimes13@yahoo.com
      • Jan 2011

These are not game worn, they are just authentic game helmets

Originally posted by snick33
      A little confused. I know Stiener has a contract with ND. About a month ago they got 10 of these in sold for 750.00 I missed the phone call by 2 hrs. They sold out in under ten min.

Comment

• beavisrules
        • Sep 2006

$2400 for an authentic helmet that isn't even game worn? Wow - good for them if they can get folks to pay it.

Shipp_96 - On a totally different note, I have a PSU item I'll have to get a picture of to share with you.
        -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
        Private messages ARE enabled

Comment

• Shipp_96
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beavisrules
          $2400 for an authentic helmet that isn't even game worn? Wow - good for them if they can get folks to pay it.

Shipp_96 - On a totally different note, I have a PSU item I'll have to get a picture of to share with you.
          Hey Beavisrules,
          Looking forward to seeing what it is!

As for these helmets, I read it as they were worn, but hearing that Steiner had the rights to those and that these are essentially issued helmets for $2400...I mean wow! I am at a loss. Especially since he is one of the cheapest sources for retail helmets out there. So I a a bit surprised he is charging that. Like you said, if they can get it God speed.

I would have actually bought a worn one for $750 from Steiner if I would've known about it. They are unique and that is actually a fair price.

Comment

• snick33
            • Mar 2012

Schutt is making some of these helmets for retail. Only difference I see is the left side of the helmet is like a Chrome Gold. The game helmet is a stamped gold. Just like the older Shamrock Series helmet. I just saw a replica on e bay for 180.00

Comment

Working...