PDA

View Full Version : New GU Display

mario25
11-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I recently finished my Willie Montanez GU display and I wanted to show it for any ways I could improve it etc!!! Thank you for any feedback!

jake33
11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Nice display!

Depending on the eye level, I would put the locker nameplate above the jersey to make it look more like it was in a locker...

jake33
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
also if the gloves have his name sewn in, have them propped up to be able to read the stitching.

Kid4hof03
11-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Great collection and the displays look great. I love player collections like yours, so tell us, how did you end up becoming such a big Montanez fan?

Abe

mario25
11-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the great input guys! I became a Montanez fan as a kid when Cable TV came to where I lived and I started watching the 78 Mets. I liked his flashiness and he seemed to be having alot of fun on the field! I stared collecting some of his stuff over the years and purchased his home jersey for the Mets, his Expos jersey and the first glove he ever received from his dad. I went to Mets Fantasy Camp in 2008 and he was my Manager and we became friends who speak on the phone often! He sent me some of his bats from bat days at Philly and Atlanta as well! I will definitely try those great suggestions and please keep them coming! I have gotten some great ideas from this site! Mario

mario25
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
The Home Mets Montanez , the Expos Jersey and the glove are from a Lelands auction straight from Willie and the Mets Road Jersey and the other Mets Home Jersey are from Ball Park Heroes!!!! The glove is a very old Herb Score model Willie got from his dad as a kid....

joelsabi
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the great input guys! I became a Montanez fan as a kid when Cable TV came to where I lived and I started watching the 78 Mets. I liked his flashiness and he seemed to be having alot of fun on the field! I stared collecting some of his stuff over the years and purchased his home jersey for the Mets, his Expos jersey and the first glove he ever received from his dad. I went to Mets Fantasy Camp in 2008 and he was my Manager and we became friends who speak on the phone often! He sent me some of his bats from bat days at Philly and Atlanta as well! I will definitely try those great suggestions and please keep them coming! I have gotten some great ideas from this site! Mario

nice collection. great to see you have a cordial relationship with the player too. i like the locker plate on top idea too.

noticed some GU cap on ebay of his. I bet he could tell you whether those were his too as cap are hard to authenticate.