PDA

View Full Version : 2012 ND Helmet

snick33
11-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I guess my questions are what would you guys feel comfortable paying for a helmet? First Manti Te'o, Tyler Eifert, Theo Riddick, Robby Toma, Zeke Motta, Cierre Wood. I know Te'o will be the highest and Probally Toma low. Whats your thoughts.

Thanks

jhunt28
11-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Great question my man...and no one has the answer...will they win it all? Will you have the ability to buy them or lock in a price before the season is over? Here is a pic that a friend sent me this year....he got some sweet access...

beavisrules
11-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I'll throw out a guess here:

Te'o helmet if he wins the Heisman = priceless. I could easily see a Te'o helmet going for $5k or more, even if he doesn't win the Heisman.

Eifert your probably looking at $1500 to $2000.

The rest of the guys you listed - probably $500 to $1000

Disclaimer - I have zero knowledge of what Steiner is planning to price them at, just my thoughts on what they could fetch at auction.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
11-30-2012, 11:41 PM
After seeing prices for Shamrock Series jerseys from this season I'm guessing Te'o $8-10k
Eifert $5k
Riddick $4k

snick33
12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys this is great input form other collectors. You never know how things will fall. Will they get helmets now and Issue new ones to the team for Miami? What players will keep their helmets? So many things could come into play

beavisrules
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
to my knowledge, they keep the same helmet throughout the year (outside of the shamrock game) - so no, I don't think they will issue new ones at all

I wouldn't be surprised if players like Teo and Eifert keep their helmets after the game - in fact, given that it is a national championship game, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the team doesn't keep their jersey and their helmet for themselves

that's why I have said in the past in many threads - the hardest jersey to find is a true game worn ND bowl jersey, because historically the players are allowed to keep them (not the helmets, because I have a 2005 and 2006 BCS game worn helmet in my possession). I have missed out on a few legit ND bowl game jerseys that went to auction over the years, and NEVER seen them listed again (although fakes are 50% of those listed, so you absolutely must know your stuff and do your research before bidding on a bowl jersey).

snick33
12-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Ya I can see Te'o and Eifert keeping stuff. I do know they didn't keep the shamrock series jerseys. But prices were high. At least to me they were. I agree with a lot if fake stuff. I always see jerseys that don't look right. I pretty much will only buy it if it came from stiener.

snick33
12-04-2012, 09:58 AM
to my knowledge, they keep the same helmet throughout the year (outside of the shamrock game) - so no, I don't think they will issue new ones at all

I wouldn't be surprised if players like Teo and Eifert keep their helmets after the game - in fact, given that it is a national championship game, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the team doesn't keep their jersey and their helmet for themselves

that's why I have said in the past in many threads - the hardest jersey to find is a true game worn ND bowl jersey, because historically the players are allowed to keep them (not the helmets, because I have a 2005 and 2006 BCS game worn helmet in my possession). I have missed out on a few legit ND bowl game jerseys that went to auction over the years, and NEVER seen them listed again (although fakes are 50% of those listed, so you absolutely must know your stuff and do your research before bidding on a bowl jersey).

Mike if you get a chance can you e mail me at snicklow@yahoo.com I have a few questions. Thanks