PDA

View Full Version : Custom Max Bats

xmartyx
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
So I was thinking of making a customized Max Bat for my son for Christmas. Just wondering if anyone happened to have any coupon codes for Max Bats that they'd be willing to share? I'd like to do a fullsize model, but they get quite pricey. I designed a youth model which is a tad cheaper, but still comes to $54 + $15 shipping. I can make a LVS for $50 shipped, but my son's name is Max, so I thought it would be cool to get a Max Bat. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

jppopma
12-05-2012, 11:23 PM
So I was thinking of making a customized Max Bat for my son for Christmas. Just wondering if anyone happened to have any coupon codes for Max Bats that they'd be willing to share? I'd like to do a fullsize model, but they get quite pricey. I designed a youth model which is a tad cheaper, but still comes to $54 + $15 shipping. I can make a LVS for $50 shipped, but my son's name is Max, so I thought it would be cool to get a Max Bat. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Sorry I don't have a code, but depending on how old Max is...I'd go with the youth bat that he can use. I know it will make alot of people cringe on here, but my 6 year old loves using his customized BWP bat and shows it off more on the field than he ever would having it displayed in his room. Took me a while to accept this (kept thinking, if I wanted him to use a bat I'd have spent $20 at a local store).

Another thing I have found in custom bats is that you can't put a MLB team name on the bat. You can, however, put most anything else on there. I have them put "Future Tiger" on my son's bats and it looks nice.

Best of luck and remember, Christmas is about the gift and not saving money (or so I tell myself about 100 times each year).

xmartyx
12-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry I don't have a code, but depending on how old Max is...I'd go with the youth bat that he can use. I know it will make alot of people cringe on here, but my 6 year old loves using his customized BWP bat and shows it off more on the field than he ever would having it displayed in his room. Took me a while to accept this (kept thinking, if I wanted him to use a bat I'd have spent $20 at a local store).

Another thing I have found in custom bats is that you can't put a MLB team name on the bat. You can, however, put most anything else on there. I have them put "Future Tiger" on my son's bats and it looks nice.

Best of luck and remember, Christmas is about the gift and not saving money (or so I tell myself about 100 times each year).

Yea, the bat is probably more for me than anything. My son is only 10 months old. Basically just want his full name and date of birth on the bat.

CampWest
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I've ordered and used custom Max bats... I would definitely go with that over a custom LVS. The custom LVS has limited model options and the wood I believe is below pro-stock. The bats I have used from Max Bats are high quality pro-grade wood.

If you are spending $50+ on a bat, may as well get decent wood.

Of course, at this point you may need to pay a premium to get it for christmas, regular orders you should allow 4 weeks or so. They do have a rush option, but it costs more to expedite it. You won't be disappointed with Max Bat's quality.

xmartyx
12-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I ended up going with a Max Bat. I just ordered a Youth sized model and it came to just a little over what a LVS cost. This bat will only be used basically to display cause it has my sons name and date of birth engraved. Once he gets older I will be ordering more custom Max Bats though. Very happy with the product and the customer service.