PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest 2012

chakes89
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
So Redsfest started tonight. Anybody on here go? If so what did you pick-up and how were the prices?

I wasn't able to attend for the 1st time in 5-6 years.

simmo2332
12-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Interested to know how people did also.

I too could not attend.

dplettn
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Great time at Redsfest today. I am already excited for 2013.

Fun family day for me… I can tell you more about the new kids area on the 3rd floor than anything else. The only game used item I got to adore was a friend giving me a glimpse at his very first item ever while waiting in line for the bounce house: Brandon Phillips Home Alternate from the Playoffs. I enjoy seeing good people getting their first taste of our hobby. It went at a premium to recent secondary market prices but he was prepared for that in advance. He values that the money goes to a good cause (Reds Community Fund) and the experience of buying direct.

To those of you who are interested in the Reds’ offerings, I’d suggest e-mailing Jon and getting on his electronic distribution list: jcline@reds.com

notxpensv4u
12-08-2012, 02:01 AM
I picked up Zack Cozarts playoff game 1-2 game used hat (great use) with 2012 playoff patch. The register was not working in the authentics booth for about 30 minutes. But they gave everyone 2 view level tickets to opening night. (very nice) I saw 2 Frazier Playoff Game 1-2 hats. He only batted in game 2 ,but needed 2 hats? Chapmans regular season hat was $300, Cozart $100, saw a Bruce jersey for $1000. Very packed. Saw quite a few people with there arms full of jerseys and hats waiting in line. My wife and I had our picture with Joe Morgan who arrived 45 minutes late. No Bruce....No Bailey...Like always No Rolen...and like always Votto Friday only. But love taking my daughter to get autographs and pictures.

p819
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Saw A Joey Votto home white jersey for $4000, and a Chapman home white jersey for $2000. WOW!

rdeversole
12-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Redsfest and the game used area were fun as usual. I believe I was the second person to make it in the section, behind another board member. I wish I would've taken some pictures. It was packed full of helmets, hats, bats, all styles of jerseys, bases, and Bronson Arroyo CDs (haha).

There was a extremely good selection of hats that included nearly everybody. There was a Bruce road hat with great use for $250, a couple of hammered Chapman home hats for $300, and the postseason hats seemed to be priced fairly. However, some of the duplicate postseason hats seemed to have zero use so that would be something to watch when purchasing.

The believe the helmets ranged $125 to $1000 and quite a few had fantastic use. No Votto, but the Ludwick and Cairo were just caked with stuff. I believe the Cozart helmets were $500.

I didn't pay much attention to the bats but noticed there weren't many Votto bats ($700) but there seemed to be plenty of Bruce, Cozart, and Stubbs. I noticed they had those on sale for 25% off today.

Jerseys seemed to range from $250 to $4000. Bruce BP was $1k, Bruce gamers were $3k, Chapman $2k, there was one Votto available for $4k. They had a ton of issued jerseys of random people who didn't make the club, with a few scrub game used jerseys mixed in (Harris, Negron) for $75. They had a bunch of issued and pro cut big name players and issued blank (but year tagged) road jerseys... which will probably show up on the market altered. Really wish they wouldn't sell stuff like that without somehow permanently marking them to prevent fraud.

They were able to cut down on theft this year - Although, I guess some people tried to steal game used baseballs... of all things. However, the checkout lines were extremely long at times due to the systems crashing again.

There should be a good amount of stuff leftover to purchase from Jon in the coming weeks. Although, if you can't wait just look for BPH to post his haul on eBay. It looked like he purchased quite a big lot of stuff as usual. I can't imagine how much he spent. Overall it was a great selection again this year and I can't wait for board members to post their pickups.

AWA85
12-08-2012, 09:48 PM
First Redsfest for me and I thought it was awesome. Picked up Todd Frazier's helmet which is looking like it was used the entire season including the postseason as well as a handful of other stuff.

Highlight for me of Redsfest was getting a bunch of my game used stuff signed. Knocked out my Votto rookie bat and Phillips signed up and inscribed my '10 home jersey perfectly. I know it has been talked about on other threads before, but the Deco paint marker is perfect for autos on black bats, red/dark jersey numbers. Could not be more pleased with how it turned out this weekend.

Great time this weekend, look forward to doing it again!

rdeversole
12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I was happy to finally pick up a Brandon Phillips gamer hat. With that strange black mark on the side, I believe that I've matched it to a few games in September.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/IMG_8493.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/IMG_8490.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/BrandonPhillipsCincinnatiRedsvHouston7hOhc4lieyul. jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/IMG_8492.jpg