Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Jeter Game Used bat ... pre 2000

I am searching for my next item - Jeter bat from pre-2000 era.

Used or Issued. With paper works is better but without is fine - this would mean I have to do some homework.

If anyone have a site that can verified the years base on the LVS logo and block lettering and so forth - please forward.

My goal - to obtain a Jeter gamer from each decade. Already got one from 2009 and 2012. I dont think he will play past 2021.
  • Murph4Prez
    • Dec 2012

Re: Jeter Game Used bat ... pre 2000

I've just got started in game used collecting... I find www.vintagebats.com to be useful in verifying LVS bats.

If it's not OK to post this site, please remove.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by marino13

Used or Issued. With paper works is better but without is fine - this would mean I have to do some homework.

If anyone have a site that can verified the years base on the LVS logo and block lettering and so forth - please forward.

My goal - to obtain a Jeter gamer from each decade. Already got one from 2009 and 2012. I dont think he will play past 2021.
      FYI last year on block letter was 1998..
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• gorilla777
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by joelsabi
        FYI last year on block letter was 1998..
        Actually the Jeter block letter bats extended to early 1999 where you have the outlined MLB logo as well, then the contract with LVS was signed part way thru that season.

Comment

• marino13
          • Feb 2010

thanks for all the info so far.

Is there a MAJOR difference between '96 and the rest? I just dont want to overpaid for a '96 when it is NOT.

I thought I saw somewhere a while back, a GUU member posted all the different LVS style according to the year. I cant seem to locate the posting.

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

thanks for all the info so far.

Is there a MAJOR difference between '96 and the rest? I just dont want to overpaid for a '96 when it is NOT.

I thought I saw somewhere a while back, a GUU member posted all the different LVS style according to the year. I cant seem to locate the posting.
            Here is a link to a labeling guide:

Comment

• joelsabi
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by gorilla777
              Actually the Jeter block letter bats extended to early 1999 where you have the outlined MLB logo as well, then the contract with LVS was signed part way thru that season.
              Makes sense. ii knew that jeter signed with LVS in 1999 as the wall at the LVS Museum indicates. Like any contract, it can be any time of the year that it is finalized. Thanks for the correction.
              Regards,
              Joel S.
              joelsabi @ gmail.com
              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

heres a link to a sample 1999 block letter Jeter'

you may want to email juan iglesias if interested.
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                  • Jun 2008

I have a 1997 Jeter block letter for sale. It has a PSA/DNA letter, if your interested email me.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                    • Jun 2008

I have a 1997 Jeter block letter for sale. It has a PSA/DNA letter, if your interested email me.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
                      Forgot to mention its a game issued bat

Comment

• BernBabyBern
                        • Dec 2006

Ben - Thanks for pointing that out on
                        the 99 block letter. I actually own that bat posted.

Pablo

Comment

Working...