PDA

View Full Version : When would this jersey have been worn?

Jags Fan Dan
12-14-2012, 11:09 AM
QB practice jerseys are red. If this was issued to Brunell, what would it have been used for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-BRUNELL-JERSEY-GAME-PRACTICE-USED-NEW-ORLEANS-SAINTS-2008-/190770885088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6ad4b1e0

jppopma
12-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Some QB's opt out of wearing the read practice jerseys and other will only wear them during certain drills. I'm not familiar with what Brunell's preferences were.

Jags Fan Dan
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Some QB's opt out of wearing the read practice jerseys and other will only wear them during certain drills. I'm not familiar with what Brunell's preferences were.
I found quite a few photos of Saints practices and could not find Brunell wearing anything other than red. The more troubling thing I found on getty images was that the pre-season individual player photos seem to show numerous players wearing an 11 jersey like this for their head shot.

Jags Fan Dan
12-14-2012, 04:18 PM
For example:

esquiresports
12-14-2012, 06:21 PM
The placement of the two Reebok logos and the slight right tilt to the NFL badge match up pretty closely to the stock photos. I doubt Brunell was loaning out his practice jersey for this. Hah.

gingi79
12-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Pardon my laziness for asking without researching for myself but is it possible those team pictures were the promo photos for the 2011 season?

I was told that in hockey (on occasion) and baseball more often that when Getty has athletes sit for these photos (and the team has no number on the front of the jersey) that the players just share a couple of jerseys. Perhaps this is a photo session jersey along those lines?

Jags Fan Dan
12-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Pardon my laziness for asking without researching for myself but is it possible those team pictures were the promo photos for the 2011 season?

I was told that in hockey (on occasion) and baseball more often that when Getty has athletes sit for these photos (and the team has no number on the front of the jersey) that the players just share a couple of jerseys. Perhaps this is a photo session jersey along those lines?
The photos I posted were dated sometime prior to the season in 2008.

Jags Fan Dan
12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, somebody bought it. Hope they did their research.