PDA

View Full Version : Autograph placement on a jersey, cloth or #?

stlbats
10-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Hello. I was wondering what the thoughts would be an auto on a jersey on the cloth VS on the number. I am not interested in whether or not to have a jersey signed, just the placement of the autograph. Not even necesarily a GU jersey. Think of a authentic store bought jersey.

Cloth or on the number??

Jason

kylehess10
10-30-2006, 12:24 AM
For me, personally I like both. If it's on the number then I like it NOT written sideways like how a lot are signed. And if it's on the cloth, I like it signed right in the middle, underneath the jersey number.

jake33
10-30-2006, 08:48 AM
I HATE autographs on game used jerseys. If they were autographed in the game then that would be fine. I honestly feel that it doesn't add any value to a game used jersey, but that is just my opinion.

I contacted gameexclusives about a Derrick brooks gmae used Bucs jersey, they want $1500 for it, I asked why so much they said that becuase it was autographed it addred $500 to the jersey, the funny thing is I would rather pay them $500 to REMOVE the autograph...

suave1477
10-30-2006, 09:43 AM
STLBATS I would definitely say get the autograph on the Number, personally I feel it adds to the look of the Jersey especially if the player has a nice autograph.

I never understood why people would have the front of a Jersey autographed???????
Thats just me.

Think about it? If you display the Jersey with the autograph on the front then it defeats the purpose of people seeing whos jersey it is.
I like it in the number on the back as to me, it personalizes the Jersey that much more!!!

stlbats
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I have a Ripken auto'd jersey that is signed on the front right chest under the Orioles script. I think it looks pretty good. I kinda like a jersey signed on the front as long as its a team that has #s on the front, like the Cardinals. The Red Sox or Yankees for instance I would say definately get the back signed.

The only issue I see on having the # signed is sometimes the autograph doesnt show up as well, and also there is not much room for inscriptions on the numnber

thanks for the replies

jason