X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tharuier
    Banned
    • Sep 2011

Stolen Phillies Collection

Everyone I am out of town but when my wife came home she noticed someone had broken into the back of the house and ransacked my collection.

I do not know everything that is missing as of yet but I do know the following are gone from pictures she sent.

73 Greg Luzinski Home signed jersey
    67 Andy Seminick Road jersey ( The size tag is faded very noticable )
    69 Ron Stone home jersey
    06 Aaron Rowand St pattys day uniform.
    11 Road Roy Oswalt jersey
    52 Maje Mcdonnell Home jersey ( no number on back )
    Carlos Ruiz chest protector signed on front.
    Andy Seminick eugene emeralds hat

Will add to the list when I get back in town. Please if anyone sees any of these items pop up let me know asap.
  • cliffjmp33
    • Jun 2010

Re: Stolen phillies Collection Please Read

That just sucks on every level and sorry to hear. I'll keep my eyes open locally on Philly Craigslist and let you know if I see anything.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by tharuier
      Everyone I am out of town but when my wife came home she noticed someone had broken into the back of the house and ransacked my collection.

I do not know everything that is missing as of yet but I do know the following are gone from pictures she sent.

69 Ron Stone home jersey

Will add to the list when I get back in town. Please if anyone sees any of these items pop up let me know asap.
      Rob,

Please tell me you had insurance.

Nick
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• tharuier
        Banned
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TNTtoys
        Rob,

Please tell me you had insurance.

Nick
        Nick, unfortunately no on my collection. I talked to my homeowners and they will cover a portion but everything is a loss for the most part. They didn't take everything but from the pics I would say atleast 80 jerseys and most of the helmets are gone.

I will be coming home tomorrow night to assess everything. I am going to add pics and list anything identifiable that is missing. After years of collecting ( I wont say what I really want to say ) some scumbags just destroyed it. The one lucky part is no one was home and they didn't get into the main house.

Comment

• bruno89
          • Oct 2010

wow that really sucks and im sorry to hear that ,i can only imagine what and how would i feel if the same happened to my collection ...

This may or may not be off topic but this is maybe part of the reason why i have always struggled myself about showing what i have to others ,part of the trust issue i guess but also part of if others dont know about it then they might not see it as a way to get to it...

But i hope the people that did this to you get caught and somehow you able to get most if not all the items back ...somehow...is the only thing they stold Phillies and memorabilia items...?Nothing else...?
          Collecting Philadelphia Eagles items

Comment

• tharuier
            Banned
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bruno89
            wow that really sucks and im sorry to hear that ,i can only imagine what and how would i feel if the same happened to my collection ...

This may or may not be off topic but this is maybe part of the reason why i have always struggled myself about showing what i have to others ,part of the trust issue i guess but also part of if others dont know about it then they might not see it as a way to get to it...

But i hope the people that did this to you get caught and somehow you able to get most if not all the items back ...somehow...is the only thing they stold Phillies and memorabilia items...?Nothing else...?
            No they took my tv and electronics as well. So I don't know if its someone who knew or just trying to get money.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
              • Apr 2007

Nick, unfortunately no on my collection. I talked to my homeowners and they will cover a portion but everything is a loss for the most part. They didn't take everything but from the pics I would say atleast 80 jerseys and most of the helmets are gone.

I will be coming home tomorrow night to assess everything. I am going to add pics and list anything identifiable that is missing. After years of collecting ( I wont say what I really want to say ) some scumbags just destroyed it. The one lucky part is no one was home and they didn't get into the main house.
              As a property insurance adjuster for the last 11 years, I would love to see how your insurance company is limiting your collection as part of this claim. Did they specify to you what limit was being applied? I'd love to see a copy of your policy (not your declarations, nothing with any personal info) or if you can at least tell me what form # it is (HO3, HO5, etc.) to see how they came up with that conclusion. The HO3 policy that most of us have on our homes consists of fairly universal language and does not have any language that I am aware of that would limit this loss.

Comment

• tharuier
                Banned
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
                As a property insurance adjuster for the last 11 years, I would love to see how your insurance company is limiting your collection as part of this claim. Did they specify to you what limit was being applied? I'd love to see a copy of your policy (not your declarations, nothing with any personal info) or if you can at least tell me what form # it is (HO3, HO5, etc.) to see how they came up with that conclusion. The HO3 policy that most of us have on our homes consists of fairly universal language and does not have any language that I am aware of that would limit this loss.
                Dan only talked briefly but they are saying since it wasn't in the main house it is limited to 10,000. If you have any info please don't hesitate to email me.

Not sure what ho since I don't have the policy until I get home. I would deeply appreciate any help.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Who did you tell about your collection that lives near you? Make a list and narrow it down from there. Obviously it is someone you told about your collection or someone that one of them told who took your stuff. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

Although you say other stuff was taken I doubt a thief would take sports stuff unless they were expecting it to be there. I have learned the average person has no clue what this stuff is worth and someone who took so much of it would seem to have known what they were taking.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                      • Apr 2007

Dan only talked briefly but they are saying since it wasn't in the main house it is limited to 10,000. If you have any info please don't hesitate to email me.

Not sure what ho since I don't have the policy until I get home. I would deeply appreciate any help.
                      Please email me at danno_45255 at yahoo. I will help all I can. I know contents are limited to 10% of the policy limit on an HO3 if they are located away from the residence premises. But even if they are in a detached structure, they are fully insured as long as the detached structure is at the residence premises. For example, items located in my shed behind my house are not limited to 10% of my contents limit just because they are not inside my house. Now, if they were at my mom's house or in her shed, then the 10% would apply.

Comment

• Rob
                        • May 2009

Sorry to hear about the theft.

I live in the Philly area and will let you know if I see anything that was stolen from you

Comment

• cohibasmoker
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2005

69 Ron Stone home jersey

I live in the South Jersey area and will keep a check for you. When you get home, email me the entire list. You should make a detailed list and give it to the Police when you file the Police report BUT DO NOT publicly post all of the items that were taken.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Comment

• jppopma
                            • Mar 2006

Sorry to hear of the loss. Like legal mentioned, I would take a look into who knew about your collection and then take it a step beyond to look into who knew that you were going to be gone. The fact is that 90% of the world does not know or understand the value of our jerseys (thieves look to take things they want or can turn into quick cash).

Do you have kids? They often make the mistake of talking to friends and telling them all about the big money stuff their parents have....and then casually mention that you are going our of town for a little bit.

From a police standpoint, I can say that most burglaries are known suspect. Check with your police department when you make a report and ask if there were a rash of burglaries in your neighborhood (which would indicate random). Also provide the police department with photos and good descriptions of the items. Many police departments have good ties with the area pawn shops; many places require a pawn shop to report what they buy, but sharing information with them can get them on alert to notice things that they may not often buy otherwise. They can also share the information through the local fusion center so that other police agencies throughout the state are made aware of the theft.

Best of luck with the insurance and again sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

• R_Aaronson
                              • Jul 2011

Dude, sorry for the loss!

This should be a reminder for those (myself included) who have not cataloged/photographed their collections entirely to do so sooner rather than later.

Seems like a no brainer but we get busy, lazy, etc.

Just my 2 cents

-Randy

Comment

Working...