PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's Fanfest - Jan 27, 2012

moo5100@yahoo.com
12-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Now that it is December 21 and nothing has happened (yet), it looks like we will live til the A's fanfest.

I will be going fairly early and will be picking up lots of GU stuff.

If anyone is looking for someone specific, I will try my hardest to get it for you but no guarantees.

Let me know and we will talk, through email or on here.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp

jake33
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Would like to get a Dan Johnson locker nameplate if possible.

jahimiak33@yahoo.com

Copa
12-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I would love to pick up a yellow alternate jersey on the cheap...player doesn't really matter, but preference would go to Brandon Inge or Scott Sizemore if the price is right...let me know if you can help out!

AM
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Cespedes fielding glove

moo5100@yahoo.com
12-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Jake - they didnt have any nameplates last year, but we'll see

Copa - Last year, yellow ones were at a premium, how much are you willing to spend?

AM - They dont have fielding gloves, usually just jerseys and pants of lesser known players. Maybe some helmets and bats

Copa
12-21-2012, 03:14 PM
I would probably be willing to spend up to $100...I'm a Tigers guy, but those jerseys are so sweet, I'd really like to pick one up! If they're over $100, I don't need one that bad...thanks for your help!!

marino13
12-21-2012, 03:19 PM
I will take some game used baseballs - any year versus the Yankees would be good.

Thanks

sugarpam
12-21-2012, 08:27 PM
He only played in one game with the A's this season, but if you could help me pick up anything Jeremy Accardo, I would be forever grateful :)

-Pam

beef
12-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I heard they had a few mariners (yeah I know that sounds weird)tbtc jerseys towards the end of the season, I'd be interested in some of those. Email is ryancolbs@yahoo.com if you want I'd be happy to give you my number for more direct communication. Thanks

dnrapp
12-22-2012, 02:02 AM
I have been helping people gatting some items the past couple of fanfests. I will also be willing to do it again, with in reason.

Klattsy
12-22-2012, 09:58 AM
I was going to do a post on this but was afraid it was too early.

If anyone can help me out with Grant Balfour or Travis Blackley GU items I would be grateful. Please LMK and I will email my budget.

Out of curiosity, how do they normally sell items? With MLB Holo, Team Letter or nothing at all? Do they wash jerseys before sale?

Thanks,
Mark.

moo5100@yahoo.com
12-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Klattsy - They should have some blackley stuff. Maybe not Balfour, but possibly. How about Luke Hughes? Feel free to email me

Insomniac186
12-22-2012, 09:17 PM
My brother and I will be attending, but if someone that gets in early could grab us each a game used or team issued Oaks-style caps from that turn back the clock game last season we would greatly appreciate it. Also looking for a pair of regular home pants since the pants were gone when we got into the arena last year (we were even in line early). It doesn't matter what player or size. We can meet up with someone there and tip you for your troubles grabbing those things for us.

HawaiiSportsNut
12-23-2012, 02:09 AM
I am always interested in Kurt Suzuki items. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
guppies@guppies4me.com

419redsoxfan32
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello, I would be interested in any game used items of Jerry Blevins that you find at A's Fanfest. you can email me at jparkins@woh.rr.com. Thank you.

Klattsy
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Moo - why would you think no Balfour? Luke only played 4 games so the chances of getting something issued is much higher than a used one.

AthleticsFan
12-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Moo - why would you think no Balfour? Luke only played 4 games so the chances of getting something issued is much higher than a used one.

The A's started selling the bigger name players thru their game used stand last year. Since Balfour was the team's closer at the beginning and end of the season, his jerseys probably won't be available at Fanfest.

dnrapp
12-24-2012, 12:13 AM
The A's started selling the bigger name players thru their game used stand last year. Since Balfour was the team's closer at the beginning and end of the season, his jerseys probably won't be available at Fanfest.

With the GU stand last year. I wonder if the prices at this years Fanfest will be higher than in the past?

moo5100@yahoo.com
12-24-2012, 08:56 PM
With the GU stand last year. I wonder if the prices at this years Fanfest will be higher than in the past?

I'd imagine they would be the same. It seems they just try to get rid of all the lesser known players here. Boy am I excited for this. This is the only opportunity i have for GU stuff all year!

spartakid
12-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Time to start stretching or the infamous Fanfest race to the game used section:D

rdeversole
12-24-2012, 10:05 PM
I was going to do a post on this but was afraid it was too early.

If anyone can help me out with Grant Balfour or Travis Blackley GU items I would be grateful. Please LMK and I will email my budget.

Out of curiosity, how do they normally sell items? With MLB Holo, Team Letter or nothing at all? Do they wash jerseys before sale?

Thanks,
Mark.

There are some Balfour 2012 cleats up on eBay currently

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grant-Balfour-Game-Used-2012-Cleats-Oakland-As-MCM-/130824933208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e75c60f58

moo5100@yahoo.com
12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Time to start stretching or the infamous Fanfest race to the game used section:D

I'm asking Santa for a threadmill in preparation;)

Klattsy
12-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks Ryan, already got 2 Balfour cleats. Keen on an A's jersey. Have a Rays one in the new year coming. Would LOVE a Blackley as well.

eagles33
01-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I would be interested in any jerseys from Andrew Carignan. He wore #67 in 2011 and #38 in 2012. I'd only want jerseys of his with the name on back versus NNOB TBTC jerseys.

I'd also be interested in any Suzuki jerseys if Rick passes. I don't want to "cut" in line here :)

Thanks in advance!

MarinersFan34
01-03-2013, 01:32 AM
I heard they had a few mariners (yeah I know that sounds weird)tbtc jerseys towards the end of the season, I'd be interested in some of those. Email is ryancolbs@yahoo.com if you want I'd be happy to give you my number for more direct communication. Thanks

If this is indeed true and assuming they were from this year, if someone can track down #36 (Oliver Perez) I would be very very interested (within $$ reason of course). I don't think his jersey made it to MLB auctions this year while most of the M's team did. I didn't see it in the M's Team Store either but I may have missed it.

Would also buy a Pat Neshek that shows use but a GI might work, any idea what his stuff might cost?

dnrapp
01-03-2013, 08:33 AM
If this is indeed true and assuming they were from this year, if someone can track down #36 (Oliver Perez) I would be very very interested (within $$ reason of course). I don't think his jersey made it to MLB auctions this year while most of the M's team did. I didn't see it in the M's Team Store either but I may have missed it.

Would also buy a Pat Neshek that shows use but a GI might work, any idea what his stuff might cost?

If I remember right the A's did auction off some Rainers jerseys at the in game auctions last year. I don't remember the players names. They had the Hernandez and Ichiro jerseys in the Game Used store they were both around $2k. Did not see any other players jerseys in the store. I will keep an eye out for the #36 jersey at Fan Fest for you.

In the past the A's sold their jerseys at great prices, most under $100, at Fan Fest. But with the GU store that had higher prices I am a little worried that most prices will be higher. So if they keep prices at the same level a Neshek and most non stars jerseys should be around the $100 mark..

dnrapp
01-03-2013, 08:38 AM

Let's hope they put it in a location closer to the main entrance, not on the opposite side of the Arena like they did last year. I did notice that they say Fan Fest starts at 10:30 and doors open at 9:30.

yanks12025
01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Wouldn't the ichiro sell for alot more then $2,000.

spartakid
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Let's hope they put it in a location closer to the main entrance, not on the opposite side of the Arena like they did last year. I did notice that they say Fan Fest starts at 10:30 and doors open at 9:30.

So does that mean we can go in and try and get in line at the memorabilia sale at 9:30, but have to wait to buy stuff until 10:30? I would call and ask, but they've generally been pretty useless in past experiences.

beef
01-03-2013, 04:39 PM

Jeremy, did you get the email I sent you? That's what I had heard that they did some in game sales for ichiro and felix. I tried to contact the game used area and left several messages but they were ignored. Good luck in your search

MarinersFan34
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
No, I didn't get it. I'll check the spam folder, sometimes things get dumped in there. Still got the jersey though, I haven't forgotten about you. I'm hoping for another FanFest appearance this year. I know he's been very busy this past year, lots of personal things going on.

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I honestly dont think they will have Rainers jerseys at fanfest, but I guess you never know. I might have to keep one if I find one :rolleyes:

chuck70
01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Would like to get a George Kottaras game used batting helmet if available!

chuck112770@yahoo.com

Always looking for Mike Cameron.JJ Hardy,and Casey McGehee items!!!!!

spartakid
01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
King Feliz Rainers jersey on A's Auctions

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Last Call!

Klattsy
01-24-2013, 12:53 AM
moo5100 - did my email get to you?

Insomniac186
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Again, if someone that gets in early could help out and grab two Oaks caps from the 50s PCL game (preferably size 7 1/4) and Rainers (if they are there), my brother and I would greatly appreciate it. We will get in when it opens to the general public and can meet up with you. Someone can email me to discuss further. Thanks!

dnrapp
01-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Well they posted the floorplan for Fan Fest. This year we don't have to go all the way around the arena to get to the game used sale. But we will have to go up stairs(escalator) to the second level to get to it.

MLB~NUT
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Will anyone mind seeing if they have any Stephen Drew GU jerseys for me?

spartakid
01-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Well they posted the floorplan for Fan Fest. This year we don't have to go all the way around the arena to get to the game used sale. But we will have to go up stairs(escalator) to the second level to get to it.

I think I'm just going to hire some Kenyans to run it for me :D

dnrapp
01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
I think I'm just going to hire some Kenyans to run it for me :D

A closer look at it.. It looks like the entry gate is not at the front door of the Arena it is on the ramp going up to the plaza between the Arena and coliseum.

spartakid
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Isn't that where it was last year?

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-25-2013, 02:59 PM
It was at the gate in between the two stadiums last year. This year it looks like activities will be occuring in that area.

Oh boy am i excited

HawaiiSportsNut
01-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Just a few days to go..... Please keep me in mind if you see any Kurt Suzuki items.

Thanks,
Rick

guppies@guppies4me.com

Klattsy
01-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Please don't get trampled friends. It sounds like Boxing Day sales at Myer here in Australia...

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-27-2013, 01:55 PM
At fanfest. They had a GREAT selection of items. jerseys, Bats hats bases and helmets. More expensive than past but excellent selection of players. I picked up Weeks, Cahill and Straily jerseys and a Weeks helmet. All registered as Team Issued but the helmet has obvious wear. I think they were just lazy.

Cahill is for sale

Manram
01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Picked up:

Cespedes Kansas City A's jersey
Donaldson Jackie Robinson Day jersey
Stephen Drew Grey Jersey
(All MLB Auth)

and two hats AJ Griffin postseason and Dallas Braden with "209" on bill

spartakid
01-27-2013, 02:43 PM
As was mentioned, prices were higher than last year, but still picked up some nice stuff

Ryan Cook KC A's Throwback
Josh Donaldson Oaks Throwback
Michael Taylor Home
Kila Ka'aihue Alt Green
Joey Devine KC A's Throwback
Kurt Suzuki JRD
Kurt Suzuki batting helmet
Brandon Allen Road
Jemile Weeks KC A's Throwback

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Dang! Cespedes?!? Can you post a pic when you get a chance?

Manram
01-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Mlb hologram states: game used jersey 1936 throwback Yoenis Cespedes 52

dnrapp
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM

I thought the A's wore the 1936 Philadelphia Athletics throwbacks when they played the Phillies in 2011

dnrapp
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Here is my fan fest pickups:(I probally spent too much on stuff)

Gray Blevins jersey
Green Hughes jersey
Green De Hoyas jersey
Home Cahill jersey
Home Peacock jersey with Japan patch
Home Cariganan jersey with Japan patch
Road 1939 throwback #59
Road Norris cap with playoff patch
Road Anderson cap with #32(McCarthey's number) on front
Tayloy GU bat
Sizemore bat
2 game used baseball(haven't looked up the auth number)
Road 1985 throwback pants #32
Oakes 1955 throwback pants #8

Manram
01-27-2013, 07:04 PM
I thought the A's wore the 1936 Philadelphia Athletics throwbacks when they played the Phillies in 2011

No mlb hologram stated may 2, 2012 @ red sox

dnrapp
01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
No mlb hologram stated may 2, 2012 @ red sox

OK. Then it is not a KC A's Cespedes jersey, it's a Philly A's jersey. My throwback is listed as team issued auth in Oct 2012.

Manram
01-27-2013, 07:18 PM
OK. Then it is not a KC A's Cespedes jersey, it's a Philly A's jersey. My throwback is listed as team issued auth in Oct 2012.

Oh ok thanks for the info.

moo5100@yahoo.com
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I ended up with these:

Jemile Weeks green (say team issued but has been washed)
Chile Davis green (Authenticated to ALDS! But no patch?)
Trevor Cahill away (team issued but looks washed)
Dan Straily away (team issued but looks washed again)
Pedro Figueroa green (team issued)
Jemile Weeks helmet (team issued but obvious wear?)
Jordan Norberto away hat (with residue under bill. Pinetar???)

Pics to come tomorrow

SWEET CESPEDES DUDE. I'm jealous. Congrats!!

AthleticsFan
01-27-2013, 10:59 PM
The memorabilia sale was okay this year. I ended up passing on a lot of items that I had considered buying. I'd say it was more quantity over quality. At least it gave fans who got in late an opportunity to buy stuff. That said, I picked up the following:

Brandon McCarthy - Japan Series Game Used Home White Jersey MLB Authenticated
Brandon McCarthy - Japan Series Cap MLB Authenticated
Seth Smith - Japan Series Game Used Home White Jersey MLB Authenticated. I got it signed by Seth.
Seth Smith - Japan Series Cap MLB Authenticated. I also got this signed by Seth.
Grant Balfour - Japan Series Cap MLB Authenticated
Josh Donaldson - Game Used Road Gray Jersey, MLB Authenticated to Game 2 of the ALDS. Josh signed it and he inscribed "2012 AL West Champs" on his own.
A.J. Griffin - Game Used Road Gray jersey MLB Authenticated to Game 2 of the ALDS

AthleticsFan
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM

Nice Cespedes jersey! Were you the one who paid some guy $20 for the right to buy it?

eagles33
01-28-2013, 12:28 AM

Gray Blevins jersey
Green Hughes jersey
Green De Hoyas jersey
Home Cahill jersey
Road 1939 throwback #59
Tayloy GU bat
Sizemore bat

dnrapp: if you are willing to sell the Carignan jersey, please drop me a line at collegejerseys@gmail.com. I have a friend who may be interested. Thanks!

Klattsy
01-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Grant Balfour - Japan Series Cap MLB Authenticated

If this is FS please let me know, otherwise would love some details on it anyway.

Thanks,
Mark.

Klattsy
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Doh! Meant to include the Hughes jersey in there too!

HawaiiSportsNut
01-28-2013, 04:13 AM

Gray Blevins jersey
Green Hughes jersey
Green De Hoyas jersey
Home Cahill jersey
Road 1939 throwback #59
Tayloy GU bat
Sizemore bat

Is that Kurt's 55 Oaks throwback? Could you email me the size info on the pants. Congratz on you pickups...

csu398
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Picked up two items only yesterday.

Stephen Drew ALDS Game 2 broken bat
(MLB authentication shows ALDS G1, apparently the authenticator put a wrong date/game)

Kurt Suzuki gray road (MLB authenticated as collected from his locker, after Suzuki was traded to Nats)

Insomniac186
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I picked up:
Jerry Blevins Game Used 4th of July Cap
Stephen Drew Team Issued Postseason Road Cap
Chip Hale Team Issued Postseason Road Cap
Jemile Weeks Team Issued 1936 Turn Back The Clock Cap (No authentication sticker)
Seth Smith (No authentication sticker) 1955 Turn Back The Clock Pants
Team Issued 1968 Turn Back The Clock Pants from 2008

I had to save my money since I;m going to the Padres fan fest in 2 weeks.

My brother picked up:
Grant Balfour Game Used Memorial Day Cap
George Kottaras Game Used Post Season Road Cap
Adam Rosales Game Used Post Season Road Cap
Stephen Drew Game Used Post Season Road Cap
Travis Blackley (No authentication sticker) 1936 Turn Back The Clock Jersey
Brandon McCarthy (No authentication sticker)1936 Turn Back The Clock Pants
Team Issued Lefty Helmet
Game Used Ball vs. Rangers from June
Wine Bottle from Wild Card celebration

HawaiiSportsNut
01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Picked up two items only yesterday.

Stephen Drew ALDS Game 2 broken bat
(MLB authentication shows ALDS G1, apparently the authenticator put a wrong date/game)

Kurt Suzuki gray road (MLB authenticated as collected from his locker, after Suzuki was traded to Nats)

Email me if you are interested in selling the Suzuki jersey.

guppies@guppies4me.com

BernBabyBern
11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
Tonight I will be posting for sale some Cespedes stuff.
Game issued bat, game used (light use), signed bp cap (mlb auth), pair of batting gloves, wristband, foremarm band.

Look out for them. Any questions or interest please let me know.

Thanks,
Pablo

BernBabyBern
11-20-2013, 03:09 PM
mikeapno1@yahoo.com